Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

B0nd 007

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,
i just want to say search for cool fall spy 007 lead me to this forum and flashlight hobby,I would like thank you for this master piece which I yet to acquire.keep up good work,I am hoping to be in touch soon.

Rudi

Enlightened
Might the time be appropriate for some hints on the new light that was planned some time back?

Zandar

Enlightened
I second that, it's high time to share with us, some of the details on the now "fabled" 009 light!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have been carrying the new light currently called the "Trek" around for a couple months and making sure it is all good. I will have a teaser pic up on my web site when it launches in a few weeks. As for when the SPY Trek will be released, we are still working on the production version of body of the light. The other parts of the light are mostly completed.

Lots of other stuff like the Can Cooler are almost ready as well. This will be a big year for us. :tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Spy Trek sounds an awful lot like Star Trek... :D

Random thought, but the Muyshondt Beagle makes me think of Star Trek because it is compact and the Flood/reflector combo gives an amazing blend of situational awareness (from the flood) plus ability to see a fair distance (from the reflector) and the end result is a light great for exploration.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have been carrying the new light currently called the "Trek" around for a couple months and making sure it is all good. I will have a teaser pic up on my web site when it launches in a few weeks. As for when the SPY Trek will be released, we are still working on the production version of body of the light. The other parts of the light are mostly completed.

Lots of other stuff like the Can Cooler are almost ready as well. This will be a big year for us. :tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

always exciting to hear new things are on the way from coolfall. Can't wait to see what's new.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cheers
Dave

What's your website address Dave ? can't seem to find it for some reason.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your website address Dave ? can't seem to find it for some reason.
Are you coming back to the states this year? It would be great to see you again. Actually we are planning a trip to London sometime this year but I do not know when.

The web site is not up yet. It will be www.coolfall.com. Right now we are working on a video production set so there will be videos ready when the site launches.

Cheers
Dave

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll keep any eye out for the site.

I did get to the US last year but the nearest I got to you was Texas! May be back your way later this year, I'll let you know. Let me know if you get to London.

Take care, Graham

Zandar

Enlightened
Ooh, I'm so excited, The "SPY Trek", surely a companion light, for the Leonard Nimoy tribute light you made what, almost 3 years ago. I can't believe 3 years has passed already, LLAP!

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is exciting news. Having a website will give cool fall for more exposure.

Looking forward to this new light and I hope it has more than one emitter.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news!
Really looking forward what you have in store to share and the new website.
Hope you've been well, Dave.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news!
Really looking forward what you have in store to share and the new website.
Hope you've been well, Dave.

Thanks guys, I am excited about the web site. Don't expect too much as I built it myself but it has been fun learning HTML and CSS again! :candle::tinfoil::party:

Cheers
Dave

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks guys, I am excited about the web site. Don't expect too much as I built it myself but it has been fun learning HTML and CSS again! :candle::tinfoil::party:

Cheers
Dave

If you set the bar as high in website design as flashlight design, we should expect an amazing website!! ;)

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Take a look at you local hardware store for an O-ring of size 011.

I am an orbit guy too! :whistle:

I tried this when attempting to replace the o-rings on the Haiku flashlight. I went to a hardware store and bought #017 o-rings and they were a totally wrong size. I want to say the O-rings were out of the plumbing section.(This was a few years ago) Am I looking at the wrong O-rings?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Lowes store has a large O-ring selection and so does my Ace. It sounds like you are looking in the right place.

Cheers
Dave

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
So I went to my local Ace and bought a #17 O-ring for my Haiku (not to be advertising for the competition) When I got home I took out the O-ring from my light and I could immediately tell it was the wrong size. I looked up the size #17 on oring.com's website and got the physical dimensions which for some reason where different from the #17 I had in the baggie from Ace.

I went back to Ace, looked through the O-rings looking at the dimensions and found it.
11/16x13/16x1/16 according to its packaging its a #67.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

I found a number 11 and it definitely just looked wrong for the twisty knob on the Spy but there's a part of me that thinks that a harder, less grippy O-ring on the front of the knob might help alleviate accidental pocket activation without having to outrightly lose the front O-ring. I like the way it looks.

Last edited: