Are Quark And Fenix Heads And Bodies Interchangeable ???

fluke

Enlightened
I have searched but can not find an answer,

Are the Quark range of flashlights interchangeable with each other ???

IE: Could I put an L2D head on a Quark 2AA ???

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have searched but can not find an answer,

Are the Quark range of flashlights interchangeable with each other ???

IE: Could I put an L2D head on a Quark 2AA ???

I'm not 100% sure about what you're asking here. Is this two different questions? You do know that i.e. stands for "that is" don't you? Your question sounds like you're stating that Fenix and Quarks are made by the same company. I can't argue that because I don't know who makes the parts for 4sevens, but if they are that would be interesting. If this is two different questions then yes all of the Quark Regular, Tactical and Turbo's will physically interchange with each other, but you need to be aware of the low voltage heads so you don't supply too much voltage to it. See this thread: Click here.

As far as a Quark head fitting on an L2D, I don't have an L2D, but I do have an LD10 and the threads are different. I just tried it and a Quark head will not screw onto an LD10 body. I'm not sure if the LD10 has the same thread type and pitch as an L2D, but if so, it won't work. Maybe this answers your Question(s).

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, it's probably just as well they're not interchangeable. Just think what you might have to call them. A Quark head on a Fenix body would presumably be a Queenix. Perhaps it would be better not to speculate what a Fenix head on a Quark body might be called.

fluke

Enlightened
Thanks guy's lovecpf

And my grammah is not that good as she is very old now :fail::fail:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guy's lovecpf

And my grammah is not that good as she is very old now :fail::fail:

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I wasn't picking on your use of abbreviations. I was sincerely trying to understand exactly what you were asking. Sometimes I have a way of complicating things, but it's not intentional, it's just the way I am. I'm glad you found your answer:twothumbs.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, it's probably just as well they're not interchangeable. Just think what you might have to call them. A Quark head on a Fenix body would presumably be a Queenix. Perhaps it would be better not to speculate what a Fenix head on a Quark body might be called.

Well actually Fenix and Quark can mix just not the L2D or LD10. You can interchange the PD30 R2 or PD30 R4 with the Quark line because of the new thread's that came out with the PD30 R2.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well actually Fenix and Quark can mix just not the L2D or LD10. You can interchange the PD30 R2 or PD30 R4 with the Quark line because of the new thread's that came out with the PD30 R2.

In my best Johnny Carson voice, "I did not know that!"

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup: You ever see the movie Johnny Dangerously?

Colorblinded

Enlightened
I wouldn't mind carrying a Fark.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I think about it the LD10 R4 and upgraded LD20 XR-E along with the LD20 R4 have the newer trapezoid threads so they should all match up with the Quark line. Oh and the PD20 XP-E R2 has the new threads on the head to so I guess you could mix and match just about any configuration.

Beamhead I seen that movie many times but it has been a very long time could you enlighten me I don't remember much of the dialogue.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Michael Keaton and the contact paper car.........That's all I can remember since it was 92 last time I saw it. Time to re-visit that one.

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not a Quark... but a Preon head can fit on a Streamlight Microstream Body.
Just won't thread on to the o-ring but it works.
And I seem to remember a Fenix that worked with the Microstream but I think it was a two-headed mini-monster.
Doesn't matter the head and tail threads on the Microstream are the same.
Lego'd'Lights are fun lovecpf
P1050582.jpg

I believe it was a Fenix L0D head that fit the Microstream so then the Preon should fit the L0D body

Last edited: