Armytek in the woods. Photos and videos

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Re: Armytek in the woods.

So far it's working out. The only issue is an easy to scratch guessing coating on the outside of the lense but that doesn't affect it's performance. More importantly the holster has not slipped off the belt of my pack. I tend to take this pack out in colder weather so this light will be getting more use soon. Might change over to CR123s for the winter as well. It does have stupid good throw and a nice tint. Haven't gotten the opportunity to drop it or myself hold it yet so can't say if it's durable. I guess it's rated to take a good fall so if or rather when that day comes will know more. Tell yea all what. Next night hike I will take the pack with the Predator attached will post some pics here.

Will wait for your impression about it :)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

Tonight was bad for sure but took the Kifaru pack for a GO with flashlight attached. Did 4 miles total which doesn't sound like a bunch but in the stormy night woods it's longer than you might think. The weather was so bad only took a few pictures as risked destruction of my camera.

Here we go.

I decided to run with my pack wearing the poncho the two miles back through some moderate trail. I mean literally run without stopping. Got back in a flash it seemed.

So how exactly does one run with a pack wearing a poncho over rocks and roots without breaking my neck in the dark? In a word heart rate. Earlier in the day I was doing dump runs and shopping so tested out the blood pressure at the pharmacy.

Sometimes if relaxed these days I can drop my heart rate into the 50's. So I am under no stress aka heavy breathing etc etc for miles even when running with a pack. If by some chance I do get a bit winded going up a hill it almost immediately stabilized. So without any stress to distract me I can watch for mud, wet rocks and roots. 11 months ago my resting heart rate was in the high 80's. Took really hard training to get athletic status but then again my handle is Woods Walker for a reason.

So what do I think. Didn't really care for the lanyard setup or rather the way the metal attaches to the soft rubber. An inner strand of paracord took care of that so now if I wish to add a lanyard in the dark it's a snap. Before starting to run I turned off the headlamp then fast walked a mile or so with the Predator. I hiked in the rain with it before and just like the other times the tint plus throw cuts through the mist and downpours. That said the throw is also a weakness as it can give a tunnel effect unlike lights such as my headlamps or Malkoffs. But that's the nature of the beast. I got it for throw and that's exactly what it does. I found the holster easy to use even under my poncho when wearing a pack.

On a side note there is a rubber ring which came with the light and I got no clue what it does. I know what the O-rings are for and extra switch boot but that rubber ring is a mystery.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
WW, enjoyed the read and photos as always.
In case you want to take off the "tactical ring," you can fill up the groove with the supplied rubber ring.
You're getting back into good shape is inspiring.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the tactical ring off, you can sit the bottom of the light on it to make it head stand. Not the most stable but works.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Tonight was bad for sure but took the Kifaru pack for a GO with flashlight attached. Did 4 miles total which doesn't sound like a bunch but in the stormy night woods it's longer than you might think. The weather was so bad only took a few pictures as risked destruction of my camera.
Here we go.
I decided to run with my pack wearing the poncho the two miles back through some moderate trail. I mean literally run without stopping. Got back in a flash it seemed.

So how exactly does one run with a pack wearing a poncho over rocks and roots without breaking my neck in the dark? In a word heart rate. Earlier in the day I was doing dump runs and shopping so tested out the blood pressure at the pharmacy.

Sometimes if relaxed these days I can drop my heart rate into the 50's. So I am under no stress aka heavy breathing etc etc for miles even when running with a pack. If by some chance I do get a bit winded going up a hill it almost immediately stabilized. So without any stress to distract me I can watch for mud, wet rocks and roots. 11 months ago my resting heart rate was in the high 80's. Took really hard training to get athletic status but then again my handle is Woods Walker for a reason.

So what do I think. Didn't really care for the lanyard setup or rather the way the metal attaches to the soft rubber. An inner strand of paracord took care of that so now if I wish to add a lanyard in the dark it's a snap. Before starting to run I turned off the headlamp then fast walked a mile or so with the Predator. I hiked in the rain with it before and just like the other times the tint plus throw cuts through the mist and downpours. That said the throw is also a weakness as it can give a tunnel effect unlike lights such as my headlamps or Malkoffs. But that's the nature of the beast. I got it for throw and that's exactly what it does. I found the holster easy to use even under my poncho when wearing a pack.

On a side note there is a rubber ring which came with the light and I got no clue what it does. I know what the O-rings are for and extra switch boot but that rubber ring is a mystery.

Wow, thank you for your story sharing!

If you want to take the grip off - you can add rubber grip to fill the groove for convenience.

Thank you, scs, for explanation! :)