Armytek website specifications

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
There are enough people who feel they've gotten their money's worth, enough who buy and keep buying, and those who don't know or don't care.

Anyone who runs a business that way tends not to be in business very long and/or takes a serious hit in profits.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wizard non pro. Warm. The website specs don't match the manual and the manual has the same specs for xml2 and xpl.

So what are you having trouble figuring out? It's pretty straight forward and clear. :shakehead

J/K.

Maybe Armytek can start by updating this particular product page first so you (and others) have the right info?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you don't really have that many products and the users on CPF tell you repeatedly that your specs are:

a) WRONG
b) Impossible
c) Conflicting.

I can't see it taking more than 1 day --- that's it, one day for someone to go through and fix all the errors ..... assuming you know what the correct values are.

SO ... I will ask, WHY have you not done it?

Seemingly Armytek is hanging around the forum, but yet they don't have an answer for questions like this.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who runs a business that way tends not to be in business very long and/or takes a serious hit in profits.

That assumes consumers are well informed and most important of all, rational, which is often not the case. In general, bad businesses and poor quality products continue to exist. Just look around you. Even as quickly as word gets around these days, there are still plenty of bad restaurants, serving horrible or unclean food. It comes down to the consumer. If we keep buying sh*t they'll keep making it.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
I can't see it taking more than 1 day --- that's it, one day for someone to go through and fix all the errors ..... assuming you know what the correct values are.

SO ... I will ask, WHY have you not done it?

I don't know about Armytek's situation, but I do know a little about web editing, and how many e-commerce sites are run.... Big companies, like Amazon for instance, likely have their own in-house editors who can go in & correct errors, often within minutes of finding them.

Many small companies on the other hand pay a service to handle their web content since it's a LOT cheaper than having someone on the payroll to do it for you. However, this also means that corrections may take days or even weeks depending on how busy the webmaster is, and how important the info that needs correcting is. i.e. wrong price = must fix a.s.a.p. wrong specs = fix when you get a chance.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
There are enough people who feel they've gotten their money's worth, enough who buy and keep buying, and those who don't know or don't care.

That's about it. I buy these lights on sale so the value is often good enough to override the negatives which in this case really does not effect the field usage of the gear items.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Seemingly Armytek is hanging around the forum, but yet they don't have an answer for questions like this.

True, and sad to see companies still acting this way. And thanks to ssanasisredna for the direct question to AT.

Also, not unlike gunga, I was thinking of trying out a couple of Primes and maybe a Wizard and/or a Tiara. After reading here, I'll save a little bit more and get a Lupine instead.

Concerning their website (https://www.armytek.com/) ? There is no real "design" per say that went into that : it is absolutely "all over the place". How many (identical) navagational menus do you need on the home page ?! It is no wonder at all that certain specifications (ironically) are totally amiss. And why are there so many animated "blocks" ?? Horrible.

Thanks mckeand13, good topic.
Cheers.

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
I don't know about Armytek's situation, but I do know a little about web editing, and how many e-commerce sites are run.... Big companies, like Amazon for instance, likely have their own in-house editors who can go in & correct errors, often within minutes of finding them.

Many small companies on the other hand pay a service to handle their web content since it's a LOT cheaper than having someone on the payroll to do it for you. However, this also means that corrections may take days or even weeks depending on how busy the webmaster is, and how important the info that needs correcting is. i.e. wrong price = must fix a.s.a.p. wrong specs = fix when you get a chance.

I would disagree having had several websites that I was involved in the management of and/or for small companies that I have run. Even small companies that are product oriented will use a CMS to backend the commodity data on their site to allow easy management. Considering they have new promotions up every several days it seems, obviously they have ongoing web management so I can't buy into this excuse. We are also talking about ongoing errors it seems for lots of products.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's about it. I buy these lights on sale so the value is often good enough to override the negatives which in this case really does not effect the field usage of the gear items.
Exactly. Their lights and customer service have been great for me. Would I like to see them clean up their website a bit? Sure, but it makes little difference out in the forest lol.

I will say, they are making changes. I have seen a few things get fixed on the website and every light I have received this year has came with a full colour manual enclosed in the box that appears accurate and is easy to understand. They also now have a Canadian location that handles shipping and warranty for their USA and Canadian customers which is nice. They are a relatively new company that makes great lights imo and are improving all the time. I for one look forward to their future offerings and hope they continue to evolve and improve.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
I would disagree having had several websites that I was involved in the management of and/or for small companies that I have run. Even small companies that are product oriented will use a CMS to backend the commodity data on their site to allow easy management. Considering they have new promotions up every several days it seems, obviously they have ongoing web management so I can't buy into this excuse. We are also talking about ongoing errors it seems for lots of products.

+1.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Here is a specifiaction issue. Been considering a C1 Tiara.

XP-L Pro.

610 lm (40min), 250 lm (1h 50min), 90 lm (6h 10min), 30 lm (18h), 9 lm (55h), 1,9 lm (13d), 0,15 lm (140d), Strobe 3, Strobe 2, Strobe 1

XP-L Standard.

610 lm (0,7h), 190 lm (6,2h), 65 lm (18h), 9 lm (55h), 1,9 (13d), 0.15 (140d)

How does the Pro get 30 lumens for 18 hours and Standard 65 Lumens for 18 hours. That does not make any logic. Why do I feel the 65 lumens should be 8 hours not 18? Also what is 190 reading 6,2h? Wonder if that's not 6 hours and some unknown minutes?

From a downloaded manual I have one my computer. This is an older UI.

Firefly1: 0.15lm/130d
Firefly2: 1.7lm / 300h
Main1: 10 lm / 40h
Main2: 70 lm / 5h
Main3: 210 lm / 2h
Max: 400 lm / 35min
Strobe: 10Hz Beacon: 0.6Hz

The new manual is showing 65 lunens as 18 hours, 10 lumens as 55 hours. I wonder if it's not using a step regulation for the none pro which would account for the longer runtimes aka not really regulated flat at 65 lumens for 16 hours. Not sure but there is no way the Standard could be twice as efficient as the pro aka 30 lumens for 18 hours and the Standard gets (an amazing???) 65 lumens for 18 hours.

edit. Here is the warm info for the C1:

OUTPUT LEVELS AND RUNTIMES:567 lm (40min), 177 lm (6h 10min), 60 lm (18h), 8 lm (55h), 1,8 lm (13d), 0,14 lm (140d)

Wonder if the 60 lumen mode isn't really 30?

Last edited: