• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ASPHERICAL LENS PROTECTIVE BEZELS***2ND RUN SALES***

Nanomiser

Enlightened
I am planning to use a KD aspheric lens and would like crenelations and a 'worn' look to the bezel hence the unpolished exterior. I thought it may be a cheaper option to get a quick nick put in the MGAC bezel to put a single trit in rather than going for a crenelated and finned and slotted bezel which is a little out of my reach pricewise!

You are in luck my friend! :eek:oo:

I have just introduced the F.L.K.D.F.T., F.L.K.D.C.S. and F.L.K.D.C.F.S. bezels in post #60. These bezels will allow you to use the KD aspherical and stock Maglite flat lens, but in particular the F.L.K.D.C.S. bezel offers the crenellations and slots or slot you are looking for. :)

This bezel will most likely be $5 to $10 more than the M.G.A.C. because of the slots, but still cheaper than the finned model. :grin2:

Last edited:

Hammer Train

Banned
:twothumbsGreat news, thanks - what timing!

Please count me in for a F.L.K.D.C.S for use with kd aspheric and flat lens, with polished int and unpolished ext, in ss or bare alu (depending on difference in price - if it's $10 difference then I'll go for the SS, if it's more I'll stick with the bare alu).... Oh and the o-ring to fit the lens too please! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks!

gbleeker

Newly Enlightened
Nano,

Here is my updated (and final) decision:

(1) F.L.K.D.C.S. with polished SS for use with the flat lens. I don't want the finned version. Sorry for the confusion - your offered product is now perfect for what I'm after! Let me know when you have pricing and I will send paypal.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many trit slots will each bezel have? I need to order some trits and want to make sure I have enough for one more bezel.

pom70

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
(1) M.G.A.C. brezel polished S.S. - $60.00 + $5 shipping = $65
(1) MG 01-LAG-010 with SLMF-400-700 AR - $34.00 +$3.15 tax = $37.15
$4 shipping + $5 handling = $9.00
Total = $111.15

Thanks

Nanomiser

Enlightened
pom70: Full payment received and your order has been recorded, thank you :thumbsup:

However, please send an additional $5 to cover the $10 cost of international shipping. :)

Last edited:

Hammer Train

Banned
:twothumbsGreat news, thanks - what timing!

Please count me in for a F.L.K.D.C.S for use with kd aspheric and flat lens, with polished int and unpolished ext, in ss or bare alu (depending on difference in price - if it's $10 difference then I'll go for the SS, if it's more I'll stick with the bare alu).... Oh and the o-ring to fit the lens too please! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks!

How much do I need to send by :paypal:?

Nanomiser

Enlightened
pom70: Received your additional $5 shipping payment, thank you. :thumbsup:

I have just added 3D models and pricing of the F.L.K.D.A.F.T., F.L.K.D.A.C.S. & F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S. bezels at the beginning of the thread. Please check them out and let me know what you think.

These bezels do have a modified profile compared to the first run in order to reduce their weight. I have also made the crenellations deeper and added slots.

Again, these bezels are designed to be fit compatible with both stock 52mm flat lenses and the KD aspherical lens. I am planning to have all of these bezels available in both 303 S.S. and T6061 aluminum, but that will be dependent on interest demand.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Can you include one of these when you send me my bezel.
"COMPLEMENTARY MG 01-LAG-010 LENS ADAPTIVE 321 S.S. SHIM RING REQUEST LIST "

Thanks,
Jose

Nanomiser

Enlightened
bigchelis: I put you down for one shim ring.

I see members here requesting shim rings, but not ordering a -010 lens. :thinking:

Please make sure you really need these rings as they are in short supply, thank you. :)

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
bigchelis: I put you down for one shim ring.

I see members here requesting shim rings, but not ordering a -010 lens. :thinking:

Please make sure you really need these rings as they are in short supply, thank you. :)

Your right, I asked for shim ring for the -10 but ended up with the other lens. You can delete my request for the shim ring. My revised order below. Let me know when you expect payment and the ECD for the bezel to ship. Thanks

M.G.A.C.F.S. bezel ($90) please (SS polished) + a complementary KD lens adapter 2-255 o-ring

Nanomiser

Enlightened
A S.S. polished M.G.A.C.F.S. bezel + a complementary KD lens adapter 2-255 o-ring is what I have you down for and I removed your shim ring request. Thanks for paying attention and catching this. :thumbsup:

I will be needing payment in about a couple of weeks. :)

Last edited:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
Update :)

We have completed all of the lathe steps for the entire second run.

Now we need to knock out the external / internal surface clean up and complete the internal surface polish. At that point the bezels for VidPro, full-beam & bigchelis will be ready to ship.

The others will still need the mill steps done for crenellations and slots. Finally these remaining bezels will need to go out for external surface polishing.

To answer peterthomson's question we are looking at about the 3rd week of June for the rest to be ready for shipping. My apology for this further delay, but my work schedule has recently been turned upside down working nights with overtime. In addition to some schedule shifts on my machinists end and a few unforeseen design changes in the middle of fabrication.