StarHalo

Flashaholic
I remember seeing Tron for the first time as a kid, how it was everything about computers we'd been hearing about and waiting for, and finally, there it all was on the big screen, so in-the-know and in-the-now that grown-ups didn't quite get it, but you knew from the moment it began that it was an instant classic your whole generation would remember forever..

If you'd like to have that feeling, go see this movie in theaters now:
hZcMWih.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A Memorial Day sale at one of your local box stores includes a 75" 4K barebones non-Smart/non-HDR TV for $1,050. C'mon 100"..

Update: And the same place has 49" 4K HDR sets for $220 - 4K is now under five dollars an inch..

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
8k already? I've not even switched to 4k yet. lol

Samsung just wants to be the first to have the 8K label on their screens, the technology is years away from being ready even for early adopter users.

4K is amazing though, and cheaper than ever, highly recommended..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Box store:

75" 4K barebones for $900

The 70"+ echelon is now under a grand..

Also, same 4K barebones model; 65" for $420, 55" for $260

Minimoog

Enlightened
Just read all through this thread. Now just ordered Avatar DVD - I have not seen it yet. But I don't have a swanky TV just an standard shape tube TV from decades ago.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Just read all through this thread. Now just ordered Avatar DVD - I have not seen it yet. But I don't have a swanky TV just an standard shape tube TV from decades ago.

Beware - you may be going down a costly road..

"I bet this would look amazing on a flatscreen. Like a big flatscreen. Maybe 4K. How inexpensive would a current good-enough TV be? Or a better than good-enough TV.."

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened
Beware - you may be going down a costly road..

"I bet this would look amazing on a flatscreen. Like a big flatscreen. Maybe 4K. How inexpensive would a current good-enough TV be? Or a better than good-enough TV.."

Then you gotta get the surround sound set up..........

Minimoog

Enlightened
Watched and quite enjoyed over the weekend, but I did note that it had a quite strong American Indian theme going on with the native people. Not that it was a bad thing but I do like completely fresh ideas if possible. 7 out of 10.

Minimoog

Enlightened
Do look into the aforementioned Mad Max Fury Road or Ready Player One, some ideas so fresh you may be startled..

I really enjoyed Ready Player One, but not seen Mad Max. Saying that I have a few favorite films that I thought were completely fresh ideas only years later to see an older film with some of those elements in it.