Best all rounder you own.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC52 and/or SC62d

Zebralight makes some fantastic lights, extremely portable, tail standing, VERY usable, perfect EDC.

D6859

Enlightened
Newcomers may find 18650 lithium battery difficult/unuseful/expensive, but I'd keep my Thrunite TN12. Modes from ***-kicking to sublumen level, tail switch and runtime for whole workday. And the cost is really small. I use mine mostly mounted on my bike and I find the combination on throw and flood really good for that.

If limited to common battery types, I'd choose my Olight S15 operating with 2AA (or 1AA/ 3AA / 14500 lithium).

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one light I carry everywhere, without fail, is a lenslight micro. For those of you who remember Groundhog, he was right, the HDS Basic (needs a mod) is also a fine carry light.

Last edited:

marsos52

Newly Enlightened
well, the light that works in every situation is my brass Peak El Capitan with a dark sucks pocket clip and a mom switch.
if I need it for low to medium setting I use a AA, if I want more output I use a 14500.

but, I must admit my new Nitecore MH2C has become a real contender. its pluses out way it's cons.
only time will time if it will ever be my main source of portable lighting.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC62d/SC62w. I actually have both. And I have to say that these are probably two of the best all-around lights there are.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me in a smaller package it is the Zebralight SC600 MK2 or SC52 L2.

In a bigger package I keep going for my Fenix TK75 or the SR52VN.

It is hard to beat the SR52VN as it can be recharged via USB cable and fits great in the hand with great runtimes whilst still fitting in my back or front pocket, just not as easily as the Zebralights though.

I cycle the use of most of my lights around a fair bit but the ones above are my favourites!

CHEERS

wjv

Enlightened
1) 1xAA Spark SG5 with the additional reflector. Better than a SC52! 2nd place for a 1xAA is a EagleTec D25a.
2) 2xAA Fenix LD22
3) CR123 - ??? - Like my 47's mini mx, but I'm sure threre are better options
4) 18650 Fenix PD32UE

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best all-rounder is definitely the Nitecore TM26. It is also the most fun to use, thanks to the OLED.

In practice, though, larger lights get used less. For day-to-day stuff, the Zebralight SC600 Mk II L2 is my go-to light. It gets carried more than any other.

historyfuzz

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the TK35UE for best all-around. It floods incredibly well, yet still throws a good distance and has a perfect tint. It sits right in the middle of big and small. On the big side, a TK75 or Eagletac MX25L2. On the small side a PD35 2014 edition.