Best all rounder you own.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the 2015 edition 1000 lumen P12 and have gotta say it is very impressive! Also just got the 2015 EA41 at 1020 lumens it is even more impressive than the P12. If I wanted to go compact with a light that takes AA but is still a total powerhouse then the 2015 EA41 is pretty tough to beat. The throw out the 2015 EA41 is pretty impressive now

msim

Enlightened
That's easy ! Fenix LD 41. Fairly compact , throws out a strong beam and flood ,a really terrific underrated light. Imho.

Mine lives in my glove box so I don't use it much, but whenever I do, I'm impressed! Solid, well made and a great beam.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im still sticking up for my TK51. The size and weirdness of the two reflector setup justify themselves in the astonishing performance of both individual throw and flood beams. Must be nice to be able to afford a Spy Tri...they are what $1200?

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Peak 17500 QTC from Oveready with 3 battery adapters (AA/14500, AAA/10440, CR123/16340).
With the SS momentary plunger, black Al body, blackened Moddoo pocket clip and SS head, it looks good, tailstands reliably and has "just right" knurling. Smmooooth threads mean you don't need two hands. This battery vampire will still operate even with depleted units that won't even excite a glow with anything else! But lowest low is a serious PITA if trying to get it just right. Also have to make sure it's truly off by giving it an extra half turn since it might flicker back on when you aren't looking! But in everyday use and for simply accessing more or less light it works great!
If I were to EDC this, the light would be clipped to pocket with the battery adapters in their shipping tube riding on my belt in a Fenix AA light holster. Did exactly that when I first got this little gem but as implied I don't actually EDC it. That's usually the Ra Tactical 170 GD Clicky or the HDS Rotary 170 Nichia 219B from Oveready. (The Rotary tailstands perfectly and as such gets 2nd place all rounder vote.)
Because the Peak 17500 QTC is dare I say, the best all rounder I've come across, it has a permanent place in my EDC TEOTWAWKI SHTF BOB. (...can't believe how the previous sentence ended but I"ll let it stand... :eek:)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
First up -

HDS EDC Executive 140 lumen with 219A emitter

Second -

HDS EDC Executive 325 lumen with XP-L emitter

I own 2 other HDS lights - both rotaries - and like that interface, but for rock solid reliability, flexibility, tint, useful output, run time, etc., that 140 executive is awesome.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would have to be my Malkoff MDC Li-ion 3-mode neutral. Three well spaced levels. Nice beam pattern and great tint. Small size so can be carried easily. Durable. Only problem is that it has to run on RCRs. Or 14500s or 17670s...but that would require other body tubes, so, maybe that's not "one light." I could put it on an E-series body that takes 17670s and 16340s with a dummy cell, so that would be more versatility from one light. :)

Tough choice though as I have a Tana-modded E2L with a reflector and Nichia 219 on a two-level driver...low and screaming bright. That runs on a 17670 as well, though I think I could run it on 2 x CR123a cells.

And I am rather partial to my A2s. My white actually has a not-very-blue-at all LED ring, and is a pleasure to use, and has surprisingly good throw from the incan lamp. Runtime isn't the best. I'd honestly have to choose the Malkoff or Tana E2L over the A2, but the cool factor of the A2 is worth something. Probably just not a practical something.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the Peak 17500 QTC is dare I say, the best all rounder I've come across, it has a permanent place in my EDC TEOTWAWKI SHTF BOB. (...can't believe how the previous sentence ended but I"ll let it stand... :eek:)

Isn't "EDC" and "TEOTWAWKI SHTF BOB" an oxymoron? If not, your life is far more exciting than mine, and you appear to be handling the stress admirably.

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
If I had to get rid of all my lights except one, I would keep my Nitecore P12. Nice beam with some flood to it, but still can reach out 100 yards (I'm talking practical applications here). 4 levels of light that are spaced out fairly evenly. Lightweight enough to carry it around all day if you had to.

Last edited:

SixM

Newly Enlightened
This, :twothumbs

IMAG0329%20-%20Copy.jpg

This is my all around "go to" light. It gets carried daily at work, and when I'm not at work it sets at a convenient spot in the house, to be used for

whatever I need a flashlight for.

It has a Nailbender XML2 High CRI drop-in. Modes are: moonlight, low, medium, high, with memory. It has a smooth reflector, L2 tailcap, s.s. bezel, and a Panasonic 3400mah 18650 inside.

It has a level of light for whatever task needs done, long run times, tail stands, and it is waterproof. ( I dropped it in a muddy trench once with two feet of water in it. Thankfully, it was on at the time, so my partner just picked it up and handed it back to me). One of many times it's been dropped, usually on concrete from shoulder level.

I own a 6P, G2, C2, E1e, and E2e, but this is the one that gets used for just about everything, it gets used hard and I don't feel as guilty as I might abusing my Surefires. Also I don't get the runtime with the Surefires, if they were 18650 ready it might be different.

I had a bulletproof Solarforce L2M before this, I gave it to my brother who works construction also and it's still going strong. I liked the L2T format better.

This light works everytime, it hasn't let me down yet so it's the one I grab for just about everything.

The only negative aspect is the size. If I need to carry something smaller though, I'll just grab my s.s. E05 or upgraded E1e.

tandem

Enlightened
^^^ Nicely worn light there! ^^^ :)

If I had to give up all but one?

For years I've answered this question with a Malkoff MD2 H/L with M61 drop in. Two levels, momentary, forward clicky, tail stands. Light is fully potted and likely more reliable than 90% of most lights out there. Yeah, that'd be my answer today too, if I could have only one.

I will admit to being tempted by practicality to respond with either a Zebralight 1xAA headlamp (which gets used around here frequently) or the ZL SC600 Mk II L2 which I'm carrying as an EDC light, but it's the Malkoff MD2 H/L that is in my duty vest and Malkoff equipped SureFire in my grab and go bag.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best EDC all rounder for me is a three way tie between ZL Sc52d, ZL SC600IIL2, and Quark QPA low voltage. That's gotta be my top picks in the EDC class. Though I just got it recently, Vinh's TubeVN is vyying for a top spot.

In "full size," it's Armytek Predator 2.5 Warm White all the way.

Martin L

Newly Enlightened
Ok, only ONE light that I own in my collection. Hmmm... I think I have the perfect light on its way to me that will answer to: "if I was forced to only use one light in the rest of my life, a true allrounder" - The SC62w. I think it will have it all - UI, spacing, power, size (must fit in the front jeans pocket IMO), run-time, usable beam, comfortably wide spill, tint (if I win the lottery...). But I cannot really vote for that light yet, without cheating, as I don´t own it nor really know how it performs...

I will chose my L10, 4-modes, Nichia 219B. This light is with me every breath I take. It has it all, but will obviously lack some throw so it is not the perfect allrounder, but the best I have for now that is convenient in size, always to be carried.

Last edited:

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
easily my sc600,has the right balance between size and output in a size you can carry it always with you

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
At the moment, I would say my Haiku XML. This light with its 24/7 McGizmo clip and the three levels of the light with the XML add up to a handy setup from working on, or looking for something to tactical blinding of and keeping the fools at night well away from you.

Plus, it is always with me and that is where the clip comes in. Keeps the light always at the ready.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
So far would be the ZL SC600 II L2 . High output , floody with good throw , great run time , small size = win win win win .

Latest posts