Best batteries for coin cell lights

moon lander

Enlightened
Are all 2016 batteries the same (assuming they have a charge) or will some deliver more current in a micro light? i ask because the energizer 2016s at battery junction say thay are for low drain devices. maybe they are all the same (20ma is low anyhow) but i wanted to make sure. if they could do 80ma that would be great for an SMJled.

whats a good place to buy 2016 coin cells? it looks like battery junction has good prices on them. i need them for fauxton (DX micro lights). ive gotten the DX 2016 battery tray and it was like buying a tray of dead batteries, except not as fun.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got a whole Rack of like 50 from china on e-bay, they lasted as long as the 25 i bought next that were Faux Maxells, the real maxells i got 10 of, and the first set i put in is out lasting the others nicely, i dont have to mess with changing so much.
i got some in a pinch at radioshack, they were aged, and well they were much better than knockoffs, and heck they cost a Mint there :-(

today (before they realise how to clone that) the holografic packaged actual real brand name maxells are very good. i have found them on both e-bay and through goggle search. ( must be the real ones $$$)
it ALSO could be because they were very fresh, after all the holographic packaging is newer by some ammount of time.

i would still say that getting 50 junky ones was still usable at 10-20c apiece even after shipping, but when it goes in tiny things you have to dissasemble :broke: the money lost is TIME.

Last edited: