Best Hobby Charger?

Wacki

Newly Enlightened
Every now and then I see people mentioning the use of hobby chargers to charge their batteries. (like the kind used for RC cars & airplanes) If I was going to buy a charger just for charging Li-Ions, what should I buy?

Navman

Newly Enlightened
Good question :thumbsup:

I'm new to this higher end flashlight thingy and trying to figure out what charger to go with for 4 18650's

I fly RC had have a Powerlab 8 and Hyperion chargers

RC batteries have a balance tap so we can charge multiple Lipo's at once in parallel at 40 amps with the PL8

Anyone know a safe way to use our RC chargers to safely charge up then shut off on these flashlight batteries so they're all the same when joined up?

Navman

Newly Enlightened
Depends on your budget.
<$50: Turnigy Accucel-6
<$100: iCharger 106B+
Unlimited: FMA PowerLab 8

Hey Shadowww

On the Hobby chargers, if we are charging more than one battery in parallel, I guess we don't need the balance lead function as they are single cell batteries? ie 18650

What are battery holders are you all using to say charge 4 at once, something we can modify?

Would like to use my PL8 if I can

Sorry if this has been asked before, been reading posts on this great forum for like 10 hours a day for the past week lol

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, I am looking for a hobby charger, I think that my budget is for a IMAX B6 genuine, where can I get it? Without power supply... I will like to use the feature to save the charging data in the pc via usb

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast