Best illegal lights (relax- not for street-for night racing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, the de fogs lend them selves rather well to hid conversions, and the stock (not rebased) d2s bulbs will fit within the housing. You do of course have to modify the retainer, and the glare is pretty minimal if aimed properly. They do have a small bit of upward spill because the cutoff is a crossbeam, not semicircle, so some light will pass below the cutoff bar.

The driving lamps are from hella with xenon originally included, but for 600 a set, they're hardly worth it. They also make a variation of these that they refer to as worklamps. It is essentially a halogen version of the driving lamp, no cut off. From most reviews, the shape of the reflector is the same for all iterations of this lamp, even the xenon.

Also, if you want a set that can be flush mounted in the bumper, look at the Morimoto Mini H1. They're bi-xenon, $275 a set, for projectors, OEM ballasts, and OEM bulbs.

Just out of curiousity, what would be the average lumen output for a set of 100w H3s, approx.?

I don't think bothering with the Morimoto's would be worth it...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/296157

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
In reality there are no halogen lamps that "lend themselves rather well to HID conversions". Subjective opinions of "improvement" notwithstanding, such "conversions" always change the beam pattern in ways that are harmful, not helpful, to the driver's real ability to see.

Last edited:

zeramant86

Newly Enlightened
I don't claim to be an expert, and I certainly don't flame everyone for their opinion or insult them. I was asking a simple question, that I figured someone here would be able to quickly answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Flashaholic
There have been too many displays of ill-temper here. Any more of it will result in the closure of the thread.

Kingslasher, your abusive post has been edited. Any further instances of rudeness will result in your membership being suspended.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drive around at night these days and you'll understand where Virgil's frustration comes from.

Machete God

Enlightened
Kingslasher and Scheinwerfermann, your discourse is best suited for the Underground. It is totally off-topic here and will get the thread closed in no time when the mods see it.

Anyway, in an effort to save the thread
you saw that too.....lol

the "floppy disk drive" is a tow hook/loop.
Lol, thanks. I thought it might be that too, but also thought it wouldn't hurt to ask folks more knowledgeable than myself :candle:

(Yeah ok I know, that too has nothing to do with lights for night racing :whistle:)
... Now c'mon, let's go get a beer.
:grouphug:
:buddies:
:drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.