Best way to store lithium primaries

arjay

Newly Enlightened
I just got a good deal on 3 cases of L91s so I would like to know the best way to keep them. Do I just keep them in their original packaging and store them as is? Can I expect all if not most of them to work after 10-15 years?

Viper715

Enlightened
Cooler place is best and dry. If you can get some type of case that is water tight to keep them it that would help also. They should still be good for 10 or more years.

You could store some with me if you like! JK!

varmint

Enlightened
Military ammo can with something in it to keep them from contacting the metal of the can in a closet or? inside.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I keep mine indoors in a clear plastic fishing tackle box. Unless you feel they have a chance of getting flooded it should be enough to keep them safe normally. By storing indoors we have central air so there is no temp or moisture extremes.

arjay

Newly Enlightened
Actually flooding is a major concern so I think a pelican case is my best option as it is water tight, floats and it has an air release valve to let out pressure. Do I need to put in some silica gel in?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually flooding is a major concern so I think a pelican case is my best option as it is water tight, floats and it has an air release valve to let out pressure. Do I need to put in some silica gel in?
I use descants many ways here in humid, sub-tropical New Orleans, but not with my cr123s. The Pelican 1010 Micro Cases seem pretty tight and because there are holes drilled in the foam for each cell there is very little air in the case to carry the humidity when it's sealed up.

I use relatively cheap Titaniums from BC and I really don't stock more than about five years worth. This has worked well for me.

arjay

Newly Enlightened
Well since I live in a tropical country I'm worried that the humidity here would wreck havoc on the batteries. Do you see any harm in tossing a couple of silica gel packets in there?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well since I live in a tropical country I'm worried that the humidity here would wreck havoc on the batteries. Do you see any harm in tossing a couple of silica gel packets in there?
No, not at all- I didn't mean to sound like I was against it- I was just relating my own experience.