Best Zombie Movie

Hamaremon

Newly Enlightened
I'd have to go with Dead Alive (or Brain Dead). There are plenty of other good zombie movies,
but none that I know of with a Kung-fu priest who exclaims "I kick xxx for the Lord!"
Best line of the movie...Although there are plenty of other memorable quotes:grin2:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my favorite would have to be resident evil 3.
zombieland was a blast. Bill Murray!
shaun of the dead is awesome.

if you guys like the walking dead tv show, id recommend the graphic novel... its much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, except for the last episode of Season 2, they kinda turned Rick into a really nice guy; compared to the novel.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for "28 Weeks Later," not nearly as good.

Thought it was terrible myself. While I really liked '28 days' the last third of the film got a little off track for me. Danny Boyle has a habit of doing this with some of his films, and often not to the best resutls, aka, Sunshine.

Still thought 'Crazies' was exceptional in the genre'. There were some genuine scary moments, although partially sentient zombies is not proper criteria for some movie freaks.

Not sure what flick it was, but the scene where trapped people are on the roof of adjacent buildings and taking target practice at zombies who looked like celebrities was worth a snicker.

biglights

Enlightened
Not sure what flick it was, but the scene where trapped people are on the roof of adjacent buildings and taking target practice at zombies who looked like celebrities was worth a snicker.

Wasn't that Dawn of the Dead (2004). I remember that, very funny indeed!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yup, that was the re-make of Dawn of The Dead.

Poor zombie Jay Leno had no chance. :thumbsup:

ruskythegreat

Newly Enlightened
Zombieland or Shaun of the dead!

I remember seeing dawn of the dead as a kid & it making me feel sick :D

hoffmyster86

Newly Enlightened
remembering back to a kid and those slow walking groaning zombies that took a week to get there, the flm plot being every one kills eachother in the waiting...they were naff, so resident evil has to be the ice breaker of a new dawn of it.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from the digital graphics, "I Am Legend" was good, and I liked "28 Days Later" since I first saw it. Not much on the zombie-horror, gruesome stuff...I'd much rather have a good story than gore.

luke.

Newly Enlightened
Shaun of the dead is my current fav, although a ndw movie called Cockneys vs Zombies might take over, pensioners with shotguns!

CPFBiology

Enlightened
No offense, and I dont want to start an argument here, but the remake was just OK. Besides, I think "Day of the Dead" was the best zombie movie...

But, I saw more flashlights in the Dawn of the Dead remake. :naughty:

Day of the Dead (original) was great. Have you seen the remake? The remake will make you barf.:green:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does "Evil Dead" qualify as a zombie movie? Thats kind of a Lovecraft influenced demon movie, but the people who were possessed by demons became what looked like zombies...

That was the movie that propelled the career of the best actor in film history, Bruce Campbell, who can now be seen on USA network's "Burn Notice". LOL

CPFBiology

Enlightened
They actually remade "Day of the Dead"? Oh no......

I recommend that you do not watch it. Zombies can fly. Zombies can scheme.

They even remade "Bub", lol lol lol. He doesn't hurt people because before he transformed, he was a vegetarian, and they put chlorine on his bite wound, lol.

Hope all is well with your Fenix shipment. I will be picking up a T60CS and TK41.
I may pick up one of the next round of Fenix bike lights too.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend that you do not watch it. Zombies can fly. Zombies can scheme.

They even remade "Bub", lol lol lol. He doesn't hurt people because before he transformed, he was a vegetarian, and they put chlorine on his bite wound, lol.

Hope all is well with your Fenix shipment. I will be picking up a T60CS and TK41.
I may pick up one of the next round of Fenix bike lights too.

To: CPFbiology: I wasnt yet a flashaholic at the time I watched the Dawn of the Dead remake, so I didnt notice their lights, but I would now. I have actually watched that remake of Dawn of the Dead like 3 times, and its pretty good. I mean its all relative though, as zombie movies arent going to be nominated for Oscars any time soon!

Zombies can fly in the Day of the Dead remake? Wow... They can scheme too huh? They have really evolved apparently.

I finally was able to locate the Fenix TK41 after it got lost in Ga, and an on the ball post office worker in my home town noticed that it had been scanned again after 4 days, but that it was being sent to their lost mail center, so she called me and I called the post office where it was last scanned(in Smyrna Ga, in the town of its final destination), and the guy there managed to run down the driver who had it in his truck, so they had apparently scratched the label right off the package while in Atlanta. It made it to its destination the next day, and I got the refund. Now I'm trying to figure out which light to replace it with, and maybe it will be another TK41, as I liked it aside from the broken switch!

Back to thread: Speaking of Zombies, is anyone keeping up with the AMC series
The walking Dead"?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Back to thread: Speaking of Zombies, is anyone keeping up with the AMC series
The walking Dead"?

I am.

Though to be honest, Season 2 dragged its heels for the last 2/3 of the series. If they pull that same sort of B.S. in Season 3, I'm not going to waste my time watching it.