*** Beta Magnetic *** NEW for 2020

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
Good evening,

I just got my light in the mail. Is there anyway to activate the light with the quick disconnect still connected? Like if I use it as a keychain light and want to use it still connected, can I turn it on? Or do I have to disconnect?

Thanks!
Zack

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my light in today. First impressions, the Yuji LED is amazing and I'm really glad they went with a regular lens and white reflector cup, unlike the old Preon P0 or Zebralight's pure flood lights which used an aspheric to focus the light somewhat and had a glow in the dark reflector cup that tinted the beam. I do wish it had a low mode of 4 or 5 lumens though, maybe with a mode memory so you can pick which mode it'll turn on when disconnected from the QR.

I have tried to activate the reed sensor in the Beta Magnetic light using the Magnet on the Beta Flex arm end, without any effect. I don't think that will stop a magnetic clip cap from working. Nice observation.

Interesting, is the magnet on the flex arm not that strong? I was able to active it with a couple of different magnets without even making contact with the light and the magnet.

Good evening,

I just got my light in the mail. Is there anyway to activate the light with the quick disconnect still connected? Like if I use it as a keychain light and want to use it still connected, can I turn it on? Or do I have to disconnect?

Thanks!
Zack

Probably the only way is to either get the keychain attachment for a regular Beta or remove the magnet. I could be wrong, so maybe wait for someone with a little more knowledge to chime in.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good evening,

Thanks!
Zack
If You use a QR that does not have a magnet, it will work by twist head for On/Off

Just got my light in today. First impressions, the Yuji LED is amazing and I'm really glad they went with a regular lens and white reflector cup, unlike the old Preon P0 or Zebralight's pure flood lights which used an aspheric to focus the light somewhat and had a glow in the dark reflector cup that tinted the beam. I do wish it had a low mode of 4 or 5 lumens though, maybe with a mode memory so you can pick which mode it'll turn on when disconnected from the QR.

Interesting, is the magnet on the flex arm not that strong? I was able to active it with a couple of different magnets without even making contact with the light and the magnet.

Probably the only way is to either get the keychain attachment for a regular Beta or remove the magnet. I could be wrong, so maybe wait for someone with a little more knowledge to chime in.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried to activate the reed sensor in the Beta Magnetic light using the Magnet on the Beta Flex arm end, without any effect. I don't think that will stop a magnetic clip cap from working. Nice observation.

I just got the flex arm today, this light seems to be made for it! They must've put a stronger magnet in mine or something, it definitely turns my Beta Magnetic off bering near it.

A little tip for those wanting to get a flex arm, Amazon has them for 35 shipped! They also have a great deal on the flex arm with a brass Beta or with the old 2 mode black version.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished doing a runtime test, nothing fancy, just by eye and phone stopwatch. On the Beta Magnetic page, it says 40 lumens sustained for 2 hours. I got 4 hours and 29 minutes with no noticeable drop in output when it turned off with the included Pale Blue cell!

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my current solution for a portable stand: Vape Nutt.

img1.jpg

I have the 1.5 lb plus version incoming, will add a bit of height and should prove to be a solid stand.

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah...

img1.jpg

I have been trying to find the perfect solution. This one is pretty good. Now if only the magnet of the Flex Arm were stronger...

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this recently and I wrote this to Jason the owner in case anyone here is interested.

Its a well made light, looks and feels like good quality, but not totally unexpected based on the cost

The keyring magnet mechanism requires too much force to pull off and is way out of proportion to the size and weight of the light. I tested using a cooler full of water and it took almost 10 lbs for the light to detach! For something that weighs just 1 ounce! This was a big mistake in my opinion and negates any advantages of the magnetic operation, bc it requires two (strong) hands to pull it off. A clicky light like the preon will be more functional with one handed operation.

A mule that outputs only 40 lumens is really no better than the flashlight on a cellphone, which I was using at the tennis club, but wanted a more elegant solution. It is not nearly enough light except for darkness adjusted and wide open pupils and the mule, with so few lumens all spread out, makes the problem even worse. A small reflector or even an optic would have been more useful.

The 1.5 volt lithium battery is a very interesting idea. Kudos to your colleague for the design. However, I much prefer the usual higher voltage of lithium batteries.

I hope you make a v3 taking into account some of my feedback.

For now, this light is only a novelty and won't serve its intended purpose.

a77b7f7d81d15aeb6076a3657b0d0a86.jpg
582b43097ac628bfe0a87f49ef3a52a2.jpg
4314b91bfba737def63d65753fffee32.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Newguy2012

Enlightened
A mule that outputs only 40 lumens is really no better than the flashlight on a cellphone, which I was using at the tennis club, but wanted a more elegant solution. It is not nearly enough light except for darkness adjusted and wide open pupils and the mule, with so few lumens all spread out, makes the problem even worse. A small reflector or even an optic would have been more useful.

The 1.5 volt lithium battery is a very interesting idea. Kudos to your colleague for the design. However, I much prefer the usual higher voltage of lithium batteries.

I hope you make a v3 taking into account some of my feedback.

For now, this light is only a novelty and won't serve its intended purpose.

The intend purpose of the light is for close up stuff. I find the output adequate for my use. I use it for searching my bag and using my key at night. I even have one attached on my microwave for midnight snacks. Get the regular beta if you want a brighter light. You can actually Lego the regular beta head to the magnetic QR body and retain the instant on function.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twist turn and pull. Not just pull.
Just pulling 15-20lbs force
Twisting and pulling ~5 lbs of force.
I thought you were on to something but sadly no. Twisting doesn't help.

Also, so much for the quality comment, the magnet fell out. :/
aa9d1b9a2cdef227b49e05dad3ea25da.jpg

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The intend purpose of the light is for close up stuff. I find the output adequate for my use. I use it for searching my bag and using my key at night. I even have one attached on my microwave for midnight snacks. Get the regular beta if you want a brighter light. You can actually Lego the regular beta head to the magnetic QR body and retain the instant on function.
Thanks for the info. Don't think I will be investing in another prometheus for now. I have enough lights as is, ( ;
The magnetic activation was a new category for me, so I took a risk without doing my due diligence.
93696188d7d2378479346e28b34e6c4c.jpg

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got a defective product. It happens one out of a thousand lights.
You have not known the personalized support behind every Prometheus product.
I'll make it right. PM me your order number.
GL

Twisting is recommended in the directions, but yours is deffective

I thought you were on to something but sadly no. Twisting doesn't help.

Also, so much for the quality comment, the magnet fell out. :/
aa9d1b9a2cdef227b49e05dad3ea25da.jpg