BIG GUNS Collections - Weenies need not apply

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Zeiss, are those some type of military rangefinders/targeting devices?

Left-Carl zeiss jena OEM2 military rangefinder (optical)
Middle-Carl zeiss Jena military DF 12x20x40x80
Right-Carl zeiss Jena OEM2

DSC04914.jpg

In the middle on top of the white house you may see the triangel for use in optical rangefinding
O025.jpg

Last edited:

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
The little blue/cyan thing?

I've gotta ask - what's the upper distance limit of the device?

Yes.

upper limit is 15 000m

This photo is taken with mobilephone and zeiss Asembi (black bino in the middle between zeiss OEM2 1 and 2)
O017-1.jpg

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Zeiss, none of your photobucket images have been working lately.

Oooops -Sorry. I did delete a few photoes earlier ,but I did get problems with my PC ,-and I think the Pc have deleted a lot more than I was thinking to do.My account is empty and I have to do some works to get it fixed .I will see what I can do later next week.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are my Big guns, 1000 Watt GE 4557 runs on 6x 18AH SLA batteries in the box under it. 6D xenon Maglite "though not the brightest it's still big!:whistle:", 10D 30 Watt RayOvac Sportsmen 2 AKA "Quasar", and lastly the brightest thing I can carry "can't carry 87 pound GE 4557:ohgeez:" the 4400 lumen Bigbeam 1766 C Powerhouse:thumbsup:.

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Should realy do a new shot, as have collected and made/ modded more, but for now an old shot with a 6D mag with FM 37 & 74mm extentions & Five Mega 3" V-2 head; Seven Emoli at 29.4V freshly Charged, Osram 65657 250W 24V lamp, Judco switch,

Bright? So bright I'm worried for the reflector :cool:

Its the big one inbetween the Three x 6C's ( one 6C with 4 emoli and 64633,) & Two x 2D's, (one 15.6V 64623, and one 64633 for comparison testing),
Purple 2C ROP
The 6D is a 5761
& one of the Three x 7C's has 5 emoli and AW C switch inside + 50W IRC Looking to make this a 64633 aswell...have run a 64458 in there ...but wonder if the V is to high on 5 Emoli for 64633...need to work out how to drop the peak V off a little.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
CA in the foreground is Bob M's and is a complete working, remotely controlled light. It's a "10" on the ten-scale. Large cables go to remote unit in foreground, out of camera range. CA in background is BVH's and has no remote control. It's an "8".

Event is at Fort MacArthur in El Segundo in 2007 (or possibly 2006). It's a re-enactment of the famous Los Angeles Air raid during WWII.

We did it again this year with 5 lights working. Quite a site! For those who like the 1940's war-time era theme, this is a great annual event with authentic dress, dinner, dancing and the actual air raid enactment with some very heavy cannon fire and a WWII air raid siren going off.

Patriot

Flashaholic
We did it again this year with 5 lights working. Quite a site! For those who like the 1940's war-time era theme, this is a great annual event with authentic dress, dinner, dancing and the actual air raid enactment with some very heavy cannon fire and a WWII air raid siren going off.

Neat! I'll bet that is an absolute blast Bob. A total imersion into a classic era. There used to be a party like that back here at Scottsdale airport. Several war birds would fly in for the air fair and they'd throw an invitation party on Friday night that was supposed to reenact a celebration at a bomber air base in England. I went to it a couple of times. Same thing, with the authentic dress and vintage music, all under in decorated hangers under the wings of a B17, B24 and several fighters. They don't do it anymore and I miss it.

Illum

Flashaholic
This threads a good laugh. :laughing:

ohhh.... My two BIG Guns :cool:

5glt8.jpg

:D

which reminds me, wheres powern00dle in all of this?
my association between the spotlight and p0weren00dle has pretty much set in stone, even going to the store and seeing an orange spotlight my first thought is, wheres Mr. p0wern00dle?:crackup:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another turn?

How about a REAL M1D (papered) and an early AR15, posing with a SPY007?