• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Big MAC Daddy of them All, Largest Titanium light

ChibiM

Enlightened
The first few pictures look like a standard size light. But the last one just hit homerun. Thats a lot of ti.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I know Mac had over $2000 in titanium for this build. I think he had someone in mind when he built it. The dragon pattern was completed by TNC. That's all that I know.

Thanks, that's very interesting to know that just the titanium was half the value.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
It's amazing to consider that if I sold most of my mokume gane lights, which aren't exactly cheap either, I might be able to pay for this light. :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Not only that but four grand is like, practically giving this light away.

I just added up my mokume and Timascus lights and if I sold all of them I could buy 1.8 of these lights. :) I didn't know I had quite that much invested in them.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Wimm, no. Don't do it!

It's pricey but worth it to someone.

I have a couple of other lights this size but nothing in this price category. $5k seems very reasonable for this light to me.

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Wow that's really nice. But please don't use those those UltraFire cells even as backup. I know they might just be for the photo. Very much a beautiful light.

light-modder

Enlightened
Ok how about this. I'll put in five dollars and everyone else put in one dollar. But because I put in five times what everyone else did I get to keep it at my house. [emoji16]