• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Big MAC Daddy of them All, Largest Titanium light

Keitho

Enlightened
Amazing it is still available. It would be a great glove-box light, if my glove box were bigger, and my car were worth more than this light!

Seriously, this light makes a point that I sometimes try to make to other cyclists, photographers, backpackers...Titanium has some nice strength-to-weight properties, and some nice natural corrosion resistance; but, the main reason to invest in Ti gear is because that a well-made part out of Titanium is orders of magnitude better to hold, use, and admire than any other functional material. I hang my Ti bike in my office just so I can look at it all day, and my bike frame isn't half as beautiful as that light!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
This is an amazing light for sure.

Just curious, but does your Ti bike weigh?

Keitho

Enlightened
This is an amazing light for sure.

Just curious, but does your Ti bike weigh?
I've got a Ti "gravel bike" that is no ultralight, a burly 19 lbs. My 5" travel full suspension MTB has a Ti front triangle, and is also burly, about 30 lbs. (Sorry, since you're an honorary member of a British colony, that's 1.4 and 2.1 stones, respectively :crackup:.) I think that's less than that Ti light!

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
AWESOME LIGHT!! Please let me know if this is still available.
Thank you.

CNCman

Newly Enlightened
Wow , that took a lot of Titanium to make. Did you make it ? I am new here, but not to machining. Been a Machinist for 40 yrs and i know that took a lot of time to design and build. Guessing you did the handle on a 4 axis vertical CNC Haas mill with a .250 4 flute end mill. I would not sell it cheap either, $4g is a good bottom price.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Wow , that took a lot of Titanium to make. Did you make it ? I am new here, but not to machining. Been a Machinist for 40 yrs and i know that took a lot of time to design and build. Guessing you did the handle on a 4 axis vertical CNC Haas mill with a .250 4 flute end mill. I would not sell it cheap either, $4g is a good bottom price.

It was made by CPF'er cmacclel (aka Mac of Mac's customs) who has now stopped machining flashlights. He still has a sub-forum in CPF under the category of Custom Light Modders. The special "Dragon Scales" component of the light was machined by Chris of TNC Customs who has another sub-forum under this category. So Mac built most of the light but used Chris to build the "Dragon Scales" part.

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Still drooling over this light :)
Here are some pics to give a ball park idea of the size. I resized the pic on my screen to match the size of the chapstick:)

TqaPBEO.jpg

XDhpBBW.jpg

Yl7I6gw.jpg

SkullBoyz999

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't being sarcastic, this is an awesome creation.

I agree!

Bump for anyone who has not seen the counter top pic comparing this light with 'normal' sized lights.

And apparently Mac truly is the daddy of this epic piece.

archimedes

Flashaholic
OP should let us know if this is still available, as this thread is over a year old.

Yes, it is nice to see the photos are back up, and yes, this was indeed made by Mac.