BigMag³ 4000 Lumen, fully dimmable

mash.m

Enlightened
hello,

today i wan to present my just finished BigMag³. at this moment i haven´t much time so i let the pictures speak:

left side, my bigmag³, right side 35 watt hid

data of the flashlight:
20 seoul p4 led´s
20 17mm 10° ims reflectors
weight is under 2 kg
pwm elektronik for the steppless dimming from 0 to 100%
maximum current at 100% 22 ampere @ 3,75 volt
output about 3200 lumen after the reflectors

runtime at 100% about 20 minutes, but the head goes very hot.

details will follow

markus

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kewl! I want one :D

Certainly the brightest LED light I've seen on CPF so far. Two questions:

1) What batteries?
2) Which HID light is that in the comparison?

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Hello Markus,

That is quite the lumen monster that you created. I am looking forward to all of the specifications and some outdoor beam shots. Please take some comparison shots with the (make & model?) 35W HID.

Regards,
Mark

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job! I was thinking of puting something like this together and started sketching up a design just today. I guess now I need to go BIGGER :)

Nice job!

How can it only be 3.75v? 22 amps?

Mac

kurni

Enlightened
Blinding heater; good for pitch-dark cold night. I can't imagine the amount of work to ensure 22A goes through the circuit safely. LiIon or NiMH?

PS: how many lumens is one car headlight?

MatajumotorS

Enlightened
Nice job! I was thinking of puting something like this together and started sketching up a design just today. I guess now I need to go BIGGER :)

Nice job!

How can it only be 3.75v? 22 amps?

Mac
I think he is using Li-Po batterys and all leds in paralel. (saw picture on his site :grin2:)

mash.m

Enlightened
hello,

actually i use 4 nimh mono d 10.000ma/h rechargable batteries, but when i have time again i will make a lion batterie set for this flashlight - ideas are welcome!
i think when i use the lion set i must change the pulse time, but this is no problem.

all led´s are parallel and driven direct hex-fet´s. under fully load the voltage breaks down from 5 volt to 4.05 volt. the batteries are at maximum discharge. here is the schematic:
4swf-m.jpg

it is a very easy circuit. i have fine tuned it via my oszi. i take the lowest possible switching frequency that will not flicker. i know that the knop of the pot is very nasty, but untill now i didn´t find a beatyfull one - any ideas?

during my test i determine that the spring and the minus screw have a to high restistance for my project so i remove this screw an use four flat copper wires direct from the batterie minus. (i make some pictures about this) with this wires you safe the spring resistance and the srew resistance.

the hid light is my selfmade automotive hid overdrive @ 40 watt with a hella ballast and a philips 4000k bulb. output should be 3000lumen or so.

i will make beamshots at the weekend with a [SIZE=-1]Microfire K3500 to compare. still hope that the weather will be better then now.

markus
[/SIZE]