BigMag³ 4000 Lumen, fully dimmable

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wo kauften Sie die bestandteile/komponenten? They want to know where you got the components, like the 1 mOhm linear pot.

Last edited:

Tidra

Enlightened
but why, why,... I just find a housing with 19 Power Led's and you put 20 together,....:mecry: not fair,...

oooooo man I love it,...

Iztok

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
4swf-m.jpg

it is a very easy circuit. i have fine tuned it via my oszi. i take the lowest possible switching frequency that will not flicker. i know that the knop of the pot is very nasty, but untill now i didn´t find a beatyfull one - any ideas?
Which FETs are you using? Logic level I assume. Also, do you have a pic of the scope trace at the gate pin (555 output). I'd be interested to see what the switching wave form looks like.

Awesome light.

mash.m

Enlightened
Which FETs are you using? Logic level I assume. Also, do you have a pic of the scope trace at the gate pin (555 output). I'd be interested to see what the switching wave form looks like.

Awesome light.

here the screenshot from the oszi:
4swf-19.jpg

i used hex-fets type irl3803

markus

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
here the screenshot from the oszi:

i used hex-fets type irl3803

markus
Nice. Looks like you're drving the hell out of the gate. Nice vertical switching transitions. I wouldn't have thought the 555 could source/sink that much current to to drive the gates of 3 large FETs. The IRF3803 isn't a logic level FET though. It still shows only 0.009 Ohm Rds(on) at 4.5V which is pretty darned good. What is your gate voltage? Is it the pack voltage? Just curious. Looks like things are switching well even at a lower than optimal gate voltage. Is the low gate voltage the reason you're using multiple FETs? Becaue of the increased ON resistnce, therefore more heat, due to lower gate drive voltage?

mash.m

Enlightened
the gate voltage = battery pack voltage = 3-4 volt

the 555 drives the fet realy good. you are right. i have choosen three or four fet's to decrease the resistance. with one fet the voltage drop was to high. i think this is a realy simple and usefull pwm that every body can solder by itself.

markus

jufam44

Enlightened
That's a beautiful light. Would you be willing to tell us how much money you put into making her?

mash.m

Enlightened
That's a beautiful light. Would you be willing to tell us how much money you put into making her?

the parts aren´t very expensive:

20 seouls @ dx = 120$
20 ims 10 = 90$
frontglas = 15$
electronics = 40$
batteries nimh = 50$
batteries (new pack) lion from kai = 80$
thermal glue = 20$
small pices like the o-ring = 40$
head = selfmade
time to do this job = ???

the problem is the time that i need to build this light. and this is not payable. but this is my hobby...

markus