• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BOSS for duty use

scout24

Flashaholic
ElectronGuru- My apologies, after re-reading my post that was a lighthearted attempt at humor, I realize it may have come off as disparaging. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Small-Size)&p=5032667&viewfull=1#post5032667 This post, showing the durability of not only the BOSS structure, but the electronics as well, leaves no doubt as to the suitability for duty use, regardless of your chosen uniform. Between the battery bumpers, potting, o-ring isolation of the lens, etc, it should stand up to anything you could throw at it. or, it at... I haven't had one misfire with any of my OVEREADY lights over the years, which is why I own as many as I do... :eek: :thumbsup: I'll show myself out now...

k3751

Newly Enlightened
ElectronGuru- My apologies, after re-reading my post that was a lighthearted attempt at humor, I realize it may have come off as disparaging. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Small-Size)&p=5032667&viewfull=1#post5032667 This post, showing the durability of not only the BOSS structure, but the electronics as well, leaves no doubt as to the suitability for duty use, regardless of your chosen uniform. Between the battery bumpers, potting, o-ring isolation of the lens, etc, it should stand up to anything you could throw at it. or, it at... I haven't had one misfire with any of my OVEREADY lights over the years, which is why I own as many as I do... :eek: :thumbsup: I'll show myself out now...

Agreed. +1 to Oveready. This is my first OR product. While I won't claim I've been abusing my BOSS, I will admit to intentionally subjecting it to hard use I expect/need it to stand up to. I've experienced issues with Surefire, Streamlight, and even Malkoff (although CS at all three, especially Malkoff, responded in a top notch fashion. So far, my Oveready has been flawless, even to the point where I'm trying to put together a full size duty light.

Trust me, EG, at almost $400, you'll definitely hear from me if there's any issues ;)

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
So just bought a BoSS 70. Just wondering how it has been holding up

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used mine the other day and love that afterburner. Hard to go back to another light after seeing the potential of the BOSS.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Has there ever been any discussion of an NVG compatible green light instead of the red/amber?

I am new here so, I apologize if this is a stupid question.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Has there ever been any discussion of an NVG compatible green light instead of the red/amber?
Its been requested but I'm having trouble locating a suitable LED. There's no NVG LED store and most of the descriptions are ish, so I'll need to order a selection of 'maybe candidates and see if any are suitable.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Its been requested but I'm having trouble locating a suitable LED. There's no NVG LED store and most of the descriptions are ish, so I'll need to order a selection of 'maybe candidates and see if any are suitable.

Roger, thanks for the quick reply.

I have several little "finger lights" that I used flying in the military. I don't know the technical specs, but they and the aircraft interior lighting are NVG compatible obviously.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious if there are any LEO/Security updates for this sweet light. Any problems? Still carry it for duty?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used mine the other day and love that afterburner. Hard to go back to another light after seeing the potential of the BOSS.

How far in yards would you say it ll go with 2 hours runtime? And what s max throw?

As far as NVG I ve got a light from another company that is excellent and also has blue as in the forensic type as well as the ir. Even the blue secondary on a BOSS would be really cool