brightest flashlight under 40$

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Some things to consider:

- Bike mounted lights sustain a whole bunch of jostling and shaking. You should ensure whatever you choose has a spring at both ends of the battery(s).

- Bike mounted lights should be able to withstand at least high humidity but at most driven rain. As you propel yourself at say 15mph in an unexpected mist or rain that moisture is being forced into cracks and crevices.

- The lens should be able to with stand a combination of hot and cold at the same time. LED heat vs a cool 15mph breeze, perhaps with cool water hitting it.

- 1000 lumens may blind motorists oncoming.

- Reflector angle and texture can go a long ways towards a thrower, a flooder or something in between. A well made 350 lumen light may be better overall than a whopping output at 1000 lumens.
One of my best throwers is a scant 160 lumens with a slender pencil beam and nice amounts of gentle spill. Bike light? No, just throwing it out there.

I'd reccomend you check out hunting & fishing stores as they have many lights that run around $35 that are made for extreme conditions that hunters put their lights through.

- Many lights out incidents have occured where continued jostling and jar-ing rechargeables has either damaged or tripped protective circuits. It's why the big name tactical lights are designed around the use of primaries and why Malkoffs arrive with primaries.

If BLF lights can fulfill all that....go for it. But imo a dedicated weapon/ tactical light with a pencil beam would be the most practical.

$40? I cannot honestly reccomend a non dedicated bicycle flashlight at that price.

Last edited:

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Agreed.

Ven knows flashlights a lot better than I do. I will, however, say this. In most cases, you cannot go by a flashlight's highest rating. Those are usually "turbo" modes than can only be sustained for short periods. If you truly need a flashlight that is capable of sustaining 1000 lumens, you have to search for something can do twice that much in Turbo mode.

The Nitecore EC4SW and the Nitecore P36 are examples of this. Both have turbo modes that are rated at 2000 lumens. Both are capable of sustained output at 1000.

If I recall correctly, the Nitecore EC4 is an exception. It uses 2x18650 to drive a Cree XM-L2 to a maximum of 1000 lumens. That's a level it can maintain.

Some things to consider:

- Bike mounted lights sustain a whole bunch of jostling and shaking. You should ensure whatever you choose has a spring at both ends of the battery(s).

- Bike mounted lights should be able to withstand at least high humidity but at most driven rain. As you propel yourself at say 15mph in an unexpected mist or rain that moisture is being forced into cracks and crevices.

- The lens should be able to with stand a combination of hot and cold at the same time. LED heat vs a cool 15mph breeze, perhaps with cool water hitting it.

- 1000 lumens may blind motorists oncoming.

- Reflector angle and texture can go a long ways towards a thrower, a flooder or something in between. A well made 350 lumen light may be better overall than a whopping output at 1000 lumens.
One of my best throwers is a scant 160 lumens with a slender pencil beam and nice amounts of gentle spill. Bike light? No, just throwing it out there.

I'd reccomend you check out hunting & fishing stores as they have many lights that run around $35 that are made for extreme conditions that hunters put their lights through.

- Many lights out incidents have occured where continued jostling and jar-ing rechargeables has either damaged or tripped protective circuits. It's why the big name tactical lights are designed around the use of primaries and why Malkoffs arrive with primaries.

If BLF lights can fulfill all that....go for it. But imo a dedicated weapon/ tactical light with a pencil beam would be the most practical.

$40? I cannot honestly reccomend a non dedicated bicycle flashlight at that price.

well i fond a very god deal on a klarus g30
this advice realy help me (the first quot) you are right if i want somthig that can sustain 1000lm for long period it have to be able to do more than that

well you are right to for riding were there is trafic 1000lm is to much but its for riding in forests or any other very dark place but it is for hiking and camping too exept of riding i want somthing reliable for any use +riding that why i didn't Search for bike lights only

the klarus g30 is powerful and has a good qualty i fond a good price in one of the group buy i think it will be good for riding too but also for anything else

so thanks for all who hed helped me your advices was very good and helped me do decied and find exactly what i wanted :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Only issue I have with klarus was resolved.

I had a switch issue. But it turns out if the tailcap on the P1A is even the slightest bit loosened it causes issues turning it on.

A wee bit of pipe thread tape fills in the threads on the tailcap enough to still easily remove for battery swap but made it stay completely tight... no more issues.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A famous German supermarket has a cracking bicycle light at present on offer.

Light the way on dull days and dark evening with this bright light, featuring 4 genuine CREE XP-G LEDs. It can be used on your bike, or you can use the included headband to turn it into a handy headlight.
Accessories Included
Headband
Features
Super bright light from 4 CREE XP-G LEDs
Light output 300 lumens from each LED, producing a total of 1200 lumens
Headband included to convert bike light to headlight
Rechargeable batteries
Includes AC mains charger
Each battery pack is combined in a nylon battery pack cover which can be easily attached to the frame of the bike

• Light Settings: On/Off, High, Low and Strobe
  • Product Type: Bike Accessories
  • Rechargeable: Yes
  • Run Time: 4-6 Hours

Last edited:

DMS1970

Enlightened
I'm glad my suggestion worked out for you in checking out the group buy on Freeme deals under the vendor listing. I purchased about 20 various olight flashlights through the same method in the last year and saved a ton of cash. Very glad that someone took the time to point me in the right direction. Budget lights are OK, but when you can get a better brand with bells and whistles and a company that stands behind there product, it's a win win.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyray King 3x XM-L2 U2. 2,300 ANSI Lumens. (Tested) It's pretty good for the money.

wackyvegan

Newly Enlightened
I just got a skyray-clone from "Tangspower" from gearbest with original 6x Xm-L2 leds for 30$. First skyray i have that doesn´t have fake cree leds. I measured around 2200-2300 Lumen. The overall build quality is also higher than on the other skyrays and the threads are lubricated. If u want i can pm u a link.

camelight

Newly Enlightened
I just got a skyray-clone from "Tangspower" from gearbest with original 6x Xm-L2 leds for 30$. First skyray i have that doesn´t have fake cree leds. I measured around 2200-2300 Lumen. The overall build quality is also higher than on the other skyrays and the threads are lubricated. If u want i can pm u a link.
it's sounds grate! it is very hard to find a good quality skyray
but i already bought the klarus g30 it is rated at 2450 lumen and i am sure it has better quality. it is more expensive but in the group buys there is a very good deal

Trashman531

Newly Enlightened
There's a few mh20 clones coming out. The litenumen E01 has had good reviews and for under $25 it's worth a shot IMO. 1000 lumens and it's pretty throwy

The Miller

Newly Enlightened
Saying that, the skyway king(3 led version as so many its hard to tell whats what, whats a copy of a copy of a copy............) has been fine for years. Not been used in anger, nor would i depend on it. Again maybe 1800lm but it is quite bright.

I love these BLF flashlights.

One small nitpick: the BLF D80, using a Cree XM-L2 emitter, is the one that has "more throw than flood." Using a Cree XP-L HI emitter, the BLF Kronos X6 definitely out-throws it.

Well we just started a BLF special Sky Ray King inspired groupbuy.
We want to make it a good quality light (good threads, good heat dissipation, good quality control)
The aim is $40 shipped.

Right now we are in contact with Thorfire as manufacturer.

We go for 4 emitters and the output should be 4000+ lumens
The current working title is Q8 (or Q6) (Quad emitters, Quad cells 18650 so either 8 or 6 would do)

The driver design is just been passed to the electronic engineers of Thorfire.

500 people interested are needed and at the moment we are at 300+

But it will take time before it is actually done since we have started basically from scratch.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in Skyray King 3 x XP-L HI. 2200 Lumens and decent throw over the XM-L2 U2 version.

The Miller

Newly Enlightened
We are going for 4 Cree XPL NW on DTP stars for the Q8
the footprint makes changing the LEDs to for example XPL HI or Nichia 219C possible without further modding.

mdorian

Newly Enlightened
We want to make it a good quality light (good threads, good heat dissipation, good quality control)
The aim is $40 shipped.

Nice! :twothumbs

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Astrolux S41 / Manker E14 sound pretty good. Currently on preorder for less than $40 shipped with both an 18350 and 18650 tube.

It's a pocket-size single-cell light, but it comes with a FET driver and 4 emitters. 1600 lumens with XPG2.

If you want even more output replace all 4 emitters with XPL HI, solder-braid the springs, and run it on a Samsung 30Q. It would get incredibly hot insanely fast, but should output around 4000 lumens at turn-on with a fresh cell.

Ethan_90

Newly Enlightened
I want that S/41 but I already bought the kronos / blf x6 x5 a couple blf 348 and the astro lux m01 is in the mail. I also want the new convoy L6. Too many lights to choose from.

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
The aim is $40 shipped.

Right now we are in contact with Thorfire as manufacturer.

We go for 4 emitters and the output should be 4000+ lumens
The current working title is Q8 (or Q6) (Quad emitters, Quad cells 18650 so either 8 or 6 would do)

The driver design is just been passed to the electronic engineers of Thorfire.

500 people interested are needed and at the moment we are at 300+

But it will take time before it is actually done since we have started basically from scratch.

Link?

Dominikus

Newly Enlightened
You maybe just better going on fasttech/gearbest/banggood then and hoping for the best! Your not going to get what you want for $40 and be very reliable. Cheap(so called bright) lights are cheap for reasons, no heat sinking, cheap copied LED's(not CREE)...........

Up the budget and have something thats worth the money imho, or after a few days/weeks it will be potentially scrap!

Saying that, the skyway king(3 led version as so many its hard to tell whats what, whats a copy of a copy of a copy............) has been fine for years. Not been used in anger, nor would i depend on it. Again maybe 1800lm but it is quite bright.

wow. this is perfect. how to buy this? how to order? plz can u help me?