Buying Solarforce in the UK?

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
First, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask the question, but I couldn't think where else would be the best place to post it.

I've decided that I would like to get a Solarforce host or two to see what they are like, as they seem to get lots of favourable reviews. I'm in the UK, so I looked on Solarforce's web site, found the UK dealer, but unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment of the ones I'm looking at :(. Are there any other reputable places in the UK that anyone knows about that can supply Solarforce lights? I don't want to get one off ebay, as I've read that it often takes ages to arrive, and there are some knock offs as well (ironic considering the L2 is a clone of the 6P ;)). I don't really want to by from DX/KD, mainly because of potential long delivery times. I might consider one of the US dealers if anyone can recommend a good source.

Thanks,

Dave.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may just be me being lucky, but I normally recieve my DX purchases within 5 to 7 working days. Just as fast as if I order from the US. It depends if the item is in stock though, as I have had a couple of 2-3 week waits.. If you go for the XP-G R5 Uniquefire L2 then that should arrive pretty soon as I imagine they sell quite a few and so keep inventory of them.

LV426

Enlightened
I've got mine 3 lights + accessories from itc_shop (official dealer) and flashlight_express on ebay.co.uk (well, not strictly UK), but good prices, good service and 7-10 days delivery to Sweden.

Last edited:

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
(Funny, I asked the same question a while back but the thread has gone AWOL.)

There's a site called KMNW that stocks Solarforce. This was recommended by another CPFer, Essexman.

I have recently bought a Solarforce L2 from an HK-based ebay seller called flashlight_express. I think it took about 2 weeks , maybe 2 1/2?

It's a really decent light, well made, good even finish and reasonably priced.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. KMNW was the place I looked initially as they are listed on the Solarforce web site as the UK supplier. However, many of the Solarforce lights are listed as out of stock at the moment. I think I'll phone them in the morning, just to see what the situation is with delivery times.

Thanks for the ebay supplier suggestions. I just had a quick look and they seem to have good customer feedback, so could be an option instead.

Dave.

mfm

Enlightened
I've got mine 3 lights + accessories from itc_shop (official dealer) and flashlight_express on ebay.co.uk (well, not strictly UK), but good prices, good service and 7-10 days delivery to Sweden.

Did you pay the standard $2 for shipping (outside USA)? And if you did, was it sent registered?

First they (itc) tell me the $2 for customers outside USA is for registered mail, then I pay them including the $2 and I ask for the tracking number. Then they tell me it was sent normal airmail. So I ask why I was supposed to pay them $2 and it was still sent as normal airmail, after that they don't write me back.

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes to FLASHLIGHT EXPRESS on ebay as they are THE official Solarforce dealer there. Everyone else like ITC SHOP are authorized dealers. I've ordered several times from Flashlight Express and even chatted with them and they are top notch. Dealers like Dealextreme and Kaidomain take several days to collect items, pack and ship, which adds to (sometimes doubles) the shipping time. I have a link to them on my signature below as they are one of my favorite flashlight dealers. I recommend getting the new L2P as it is a noticeable upgrade to the standard L2 with HAIII finish, less sharp crenulated bezel and tailstandable tailcap.

Last edited:

Pook

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the UK and after looking around for a good deal went with the itc_shop on ebay.

The prices are really good, delivery was 5 days the first time and 7 the second.

I had looked into getting an L2P body from sbflashlights, but it worked out to be $20 more than itc...:(

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies everyone. I went with itc_shop in the end. Of course it's going to take ages for stuff to get here, what with the flight restrictions over Europe :(.

mfm

Enlightened
So can any one else from Europe who bought from itc comment on the $2 foreigner tax? Did you pay $2 for the "free" shipping and did you get registered mail (including a tracking number)?

Niconical

Enlightened
So can any one else from Europe who bought from itc comment on the $2 foreigner tax? Did you pay $2 for the "free" shipping and did you get registered mail (including a tracking number)?

I just looked at their ebay page, and it comes up as shipping included.
No mention of any $2 for tracking.

mfm

Enlightened

Tally-ho

Banned

I bought 2 flashlights + few things 2 days ago (saturday) at ITC shop.
I asked for a registered mail + insurance and have to pay $4 (I guess a "$2 free shipping" per flashlight). The seller sent me the registered mail tracking number today.

ITP shop prices are very low and dollar-euro change/parity is still at our advantage even it is not as good than some month ago.

Last edited:

mfm

Enlightened
I bought 2 flashlights + few things 2 days ago (saturday) at ITC shop.
I asked for a registered mail + insurance and have to pay $4 (I guess a "$2 free shipping" per flashlight). The seller sent me the registered mail tracking number today.

ITP shop prices are very low and dollar-euro change/parity is still at our advantage even it is not as good than some month ago.

I got my L2 flashlight body from ITC today. It was sent registered (but I never got the tracking number and they told me it was sent normal airmail).