Came here to just say thanks. Nine years in and my eneloops are just starting to die.

finitetime

Newly Enlightened
I came across your forum back in 2014 when i was looking into rechargeable batteries. After reading some post about enveloop and amazon batteries I purchased my first 12 pack of aaa eneloop in Dec of 2014. I liked them so much I purchased some aa and slowly started replacing everything I had with these batteries. Up until then I had only had the cheap rechargeable batteries that were dead ever time you needed them. A read a few more post and bought a powerex c9000 charger to replace the 10yr old Rayovac charger I had. Over the next year I purchased some amazon also and more eneloop until they were in everything I owned. Right after the first of the year 2024 I replaced the batteries in a flashlight that got very little use just sitting next to my back door. All 3 came back bad. I tested them and tried charging them but they came back with the same results. I had one go bad last summer. I think in 8 years I've had 2-3 odd balls go bad but for the most part I feel like I have more than gotten my moneys worth and it was mostly due to reading several discussions on here back in 2014. Most of the use was flashlights, and remotes some were used inheavily in headlamps on some projects so it has pretty much been typical use. I was suprised how long I had actually had them when I looked back at my Amazon account. Thanks for the advise.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Eneloops are great! Ive got some from 2013 that are still going strong. I usually charge all the batteries in our tv remotes every December, and they last all year. Definitely gonna buy more when these finally go out.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had Nicads from the late 90's that just recently died. That's amazing. I'd never want NIMH batteries for normal applications, just lithiums and nicads. NIMH suck!!! They normally die in about 3 years. More landfill filler...

tex.proud

Enlightened
I joined here March 2016. Purchased my first Malkoff in June 2016, and my first HDS in July 2016 for my birthday. I'd say thank you, but was just the beginning of the departure of my bank account. :):):)

kunckly

Newly Enlightened
I have the same experience, came across this site when i was looking (2014) for camera flash batteries and the black eneloops were suggested, bought a c9000 a load of eneloops, then a few years later amazon basics, excellent resource.
Thanks