• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Candidates for White1 & White2 (W1 &W2)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  1. E07vn W1, 4700L, 70Kcd, 529m (Turn On)
  2. E07vn1 W2, 5850L, 58Kcd, 482m (Turn On)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
So W1 is 80% the lumen of W2, but W2 is 83% the intensity of W1-- pretty close!

W2 can take more amps than W1, would a 30T make them output even more?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a tough one. I think the only way to make a wise decision is to see beamshots between the two. Seems like the beam would be barely noticeable so maybe w1? Only because less heat

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
W1 for me...but its a close one. W1 has a more satisfying focused beam. The W2 hot spot actually has more throw than it looked on the wall. W1 look serious right when you see it.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you save at least one w2 for the t27vn? I been holding back on this light because I feel the perfect led has yet to be used for this light. It's such a great host!
Or why hasn't even the w1 been tried in this light? Is it confirmed that the white flats do better in multi emitters and black flat beats it in single emitter everytime?

nc_hooper

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the 7x TIR is using the same LedIL optic that I'm currently running in my Septa. Regarding "Is your VIDSM Septa 7x XPG? " no, it is actually 7x XPE. I had requested XPEs from VanIsleDSM because I wanted more throw. It has the 3 level driver (max 10 amp). However I'm not pleased with the overall output which I'm estimating at around 1600 lumen (the XPG Septa is stating close to 3000 lumen). Want to contact VIN about the possibility of putting white1 or white2 LEDs in it and possibly switching the driver to a DriverVN4. The host is a 1x26650 aluminum/cooper from Five Mega with the VanIsleDSM FET switch.

Rasher

Enlightened
Can you save at least one w2 for the t27vn? I been holding back on this light because I feel the perfect led has yet to be used for this light. It's such a great host!
I agree. It's a great light stock, my T27vn with tint swap is even better, and I imagine a W2 would be pretty good.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the sofirn c8fvn? This is a good overall rounder nice compact size for 3300 lumens and 140kcd possibly.

Can we get a W1 or W2 in the UC15vn keychain light? Decent sized optic it seems! I've been checking out the UC15 for a long time and some crazy throw with a W1/2 at ~$100 would put me (and others I'm sure) over the edge!

Also, how much for a D25vn W1 micro searchlight? (Non-titanium version, gets too expensive for me.) same specs I assume? I like the black anodization.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can we get a W1 or W2 in the UC15vn keychain light? Yes..But tuning a beam will be hard...

Decent sized optic it seems! I've been checking out the UC15 for a long time and some crazy throw with a W1/2 at ~$100 would put me (and others I'm sure) over the edge!

Also, how much for a D25vn W1 micro searchlight? (Non-titanium version, gets too expensive for me.) same specs I assume? I like the black anodization. Sorry the Al version is not suitable for modding as it doesn't have the brass light engine I need.

Rasher

Enlightened
Can we get a W1 or W2 in the UC15vn keychain light? Decent sized optic it seems! I've been checking out the UC15 for a long time and some crazy throw with a W1/2 at ~$100 would put me (and others I'm sure) over the edge!
Oh yeah - great little light stock - gave a bunch as stocking stuffers for xmas. If some combination can turn this into a micro-thrower, I'm in...

Thanks for the reply Vinh!

Perhaps the UC15vn W1 would work well, even if it's a little tough to tune, it's lower lumen output (700 vs. 1000) than stock means better runtimes and less heat issues in the little guy!

If 15kCD is achievable, I'll take one for sure.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  1. D25Cvn W1 675L, 37Kcd
  2. D25Cvn W2 900L, 32Kcd
​So impressed with the D25Cvn crazy performance and perfect beam

Last edited: