Cars, Man

StarHalo

Flashaholic
So Chevy reps were demoing the all electric Chevy Bolt at our work parking lot. I thought of Darryl the EV guy for those that remember. I asked the reps if they ever heard of the Chevy EV from about 15 years ago and they had not.

Darell ****ey and the GM EV1; you would definitely prefer the Bolt.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Chevy reps were demoing the all electric Chevy Bolt at our work parking lot. I thought of Darryl the EV guy for those that remember. I asked the reps if they ever heard of the Chevy EV from about 15 years ago and they had not.

Try 19-22 years ago! Time flies when you're having fun..or not

EV1 was amazing for it's time

StarHalo

Flashaholic
As a kid growing up in the midwest, a few members of my family owned 70's-era Chevy trucks which were very common back then; Blake Greenfield Chevrolet-Buick has prepared some late-model Silverados for customers with era-correct C/K paint and remarkably similar mag wheels, which to me is almost confusing in how similar it looks to those older trucks:
oxXu5S0.jpg

Yeah, that does tend to mess with the mind. :confused: I inherited my father's 1974 Chevy 3/4 ton PU three years ago. It has a 454 ci motor with low miles. Plan on passing it on to one of my sons some day.

~ Chance

Monocrom

Flashaholic
As a kid growing up in the midwest, a few members of my family owned 70's-era Chevy trucks which were very common back then; Blake Greenfield Chevrolet-Buick has prepared some late-model Silverados for customers with era-correct C/K paint and remarkably similar mag wheels, which to me is almost confusing in how similar it looks to those older trucks:
oxXu5S0.jpg

Yes, very confusing. But it sure looks good! :)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Car and Driver's Lightning Lap is back, some highlights:

- Porsche's million dollar supercar 918 Spyder with its all-wheel-drive hybrid layout is now bested by a rear-wheel-drive gas 911 model, by a huge margin and a third of the price.

- The Corvette vs Porsche war is so heated that even the new McLaren 720S was unable to keep up with the pair.

- BMW's M5 sedan is quicker around the course than a Dodge Viper, Audi R8 V10, or Ariel Atom.

- The Honda Accord uses 1mm of brake pad per lap, which means it could theoretically do ten laps before the brakes needed to be replaced.

- All 5,300 lbs of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk gets around the track within ~3 seconds of the same engine in the Charger:
QmYZ553.jpg

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
- All 5,300 lbs of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk gets around the track within ~3 seconds of the same engine in the Charger:
QmYZ553.jpg

Neat. Until I saw the price. 87k vs 32k base. Not sure there's 170% more car there from my wallet's perspective but it's not like I'm shopping for rides anyway.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Neat. Until I saw the price. 87k vs 32k base. Not sure there's 170% more car there from my wallet's perspective but it's not like I'm shopping for rides anyway.

You're looking at maybe achieving double digits MPG in town, so the list price won't really concern the prospective buyer..

idleprocess

Flashaholic
You're looking at maybe achieving double digits MPG in town, so the list price won't really concern the prospective buyer..

... whom is likely to have a garage boasting square footage similar to my entire house that's perpetually packed to the gills with both daily drivers and weekend-mobiles.

It's limited-run sizzle vs the mass-produced steak that everyone else buys. I'm just always wondering where they keep finding market for such things and to what extent it helps sell the steak with little similarity beyond badging and overall platform.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't know. Just somehow doesn't seem right on a Mustang. At first glance, I thought I was looking at a new Maserati.