Cars, Man

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the RAV4 but Toyota knows how much it's worth; the Encore actually has the classic Toyota over-amped power steering, which is nice. I'd go for a used mid-2000's model with the V6, big horsepower and straight-line performance from those..

Gotcha.

I thought you were looking for higher mpg from an SUV hence the recommendation. I'm hearing upper 30's to low 40's from owners.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

2016 Mazda CX3 in Touring trim you can get a moonroof, selecting the Premium package
around $25k

Mazda races alot & this has the SKYACTIV tech in the motor.
img_glory_cx3tr_ext_meteorgray.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
+

We need pics of your sweet ride!!!1

Sure thing. 2009 V6 Mazda 6. I love how folks think it simply has sporty pretensions, with no real performance to back it up. Good! Let them continue to think that.... as I blow their doors off! :grin2:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think that was just an element of the car's size that the engineers couldn't hide; the Encore isn't as wide as a Volkswagen Golf. I'm avoiding AWD so Subarus are out, and I'd prefer the Honda's CVT tranny for puttering about town, but it's more money for less luxury otherwise.

I keep forgetting you're in sunny California. During the last blizzard in NYC, I realized my next car absolutely must be 4WD or at least AWD. That drive home from work after it was snowing for a few hours convinced me of that. If my mother's birthday wasn't that morning, I would have left my car parked in the lot at work, and simply walked the 6 blocks or so to the nearest motel. Gone back to work the next night, then driven home on fleshly plowed and salted roads.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
2016 Mazda CX3

Mazda really has it together, but they need a CX2..

I keep forgetting you're in sunny California. During the last blizzard in NYC, I realized my next car absolutely must be 4WD or at least AWD.

Yes, accumulating snow = AWD-not-optional. You go into the mountains here and the most popular vehicles are roughly half Jeeps and half Subarus.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:thinking: I didn't know Jeep and Subaru partnered to build a hybrid. What's it called, a Jeebaru or a Subeep? :grin2:

~ Chance

Ewww.... Hopefully such an abomination never occurs. No thanks. It's like taking a Subaru and making it more off-road capable but less reliable.

My father purchased this in February 1995 as a surprise for my mother. She had been using a Triumph Spitfire for her daily driver. Granny, as she is affectionally known by all, drove the LeBaron everyday until she purchased a Lincoln Continental about a month ago. The Purple Car, as it was affectionally known (except by mom's blue-haired friends) was sold yesterday. During the last 21 years Granny put 119,000 miles on it.

I took this picture minutes before the new owner happily drove it away. :wave:

~ Chance

HIaxEYv.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Forgot to mention: Lots of Ferraris spotted during my jaunt through Corona Del Mar, but the highlight - parked way down at the end of a beach drive off by its lonesome, with the stickers still in the windows, a shiny copper brown Tesla X..

Was it on fire? (J/K)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My favorite version of Le Car: the R5 - just put the engine in the back, add a turbo and widebody, presto, 185 hp of RWD sacre bleu. And this one just sold for $63,000:

H2LeZUt.jpg

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
2016 Mazda2 Sport Black ....haven't been able to drive for 2 weeks as my back went and lost feeling and power in both feet ....life sucks
ce924810a57bf9e0850e4a6a5070ffa6.jpg