Case for the Quark Mini 123

adimag

Newly Enlightened
About a week ago I purchased a 4Seven Quark Mini 123 in titanium. One of the first things that I wanted for my new aquisition was a sheath or holster so that I could belt carry this light. I really do not like to keep my lights in my pocket, no matter how small they are. The problem is that this light is small enough that there is no holster or sheath small enough for this light that will allow for belt carry. While pondering for a solution to this problem, I found myself in the local Office Depot. While in the flash drive section of the store, I found these. Online lists the 2 pack of Case Logic USB drive holders for $9.99, but in the store they were only $5.99. They fit the mini 123 perfectly. The opening of the case is large enough that the light slides in and out easily. The opening is also the right size that when the light is placed in the case, the top of the opening sits on the tail of the light preventing it from falling out. All I need to do is replace the key ring with a small carabiner and then clip it to one of my belt loops. Not the perfect belt carry option I was looking for, but a really great solution for anyone who does not want to put their mini in a pocket. Here are a couple of pictures of the light in the case. Sorry for the quality, I took these with my phone.
case 2.jpg
case 1.jpg

After searching for a carabiner or smaller split ring that I knew I had lying around somewhere, I found a keychain belt clip that I forgot I had. That with the smaller split ring has now given me a belt carry option that I was hoping for. This has been the perfect setup for me. The light is easy to get in and out and hangs right next to my maxpedition phone case. I do not notice that it is there until I need it.

clip1.jpg
clip2.jpg

Lost Hawaiian

Newly Enlightened
This is a great idea. I have a CR2 and 123 MiNi set up the same way.

One thing I might suggest... after losing a couple of cases, I ran my lanyard through the loop on the case and ended it with a larger loop so they are attached. I haven't lost another since.

Rich

Nicrod

Flashaholic
About a week ago I purchased a 4Seven Quark Mini 123 in titanium. One of the first things that I wanted for my new aquisition was a sheath or holster so that I could belt carry this light. I really do not like to keep my lights in my pocket, no matter how small they are. The problem is that this light is small enough that there is no holster or sheath small enough for this light that will allow for belt carry. While pondering for a solution to this problem, I found myself in the local Office Depot. While in the flash drive section of the store, I found these. Online lists the 2 pack of Case Logic USB drive holders for $9.99, but in the store they were only $5.99. They fit the mini 123 perfectly. The opening of the case is large enough that the light slides in and out easily. The opening is also the right size that when the light is placed in the case, the top of the opening sits on the tail of the light preventing it from falling out. All I need to do is replace the key ring with a small carabiner and then clip it to one of my belt loops. Not the perfect belt carry option I was looking for, but a really great solution for anyone who does not want to put their mini in a pocket. Here are a couple of pictures of the light in the case. Sorry for the quality, I took these with my phone.
case 2.jpg
case 1.jpg

After searching for a carabiner or smaller split ring that I knew I had lying around somewhere, I found a keychain belt clip that I forgot I had. That with the smaller split ring has now given me a belt carry option that I was hoping for. This has been the perfect setup for me. The light is easy to get in and out and hangs right next to my maxpedition phone case. I do not notice that it is there until I need it.

clip1.jpg
clip2.jpg

Hey! I have one of these belt hooks. I gor mine from walmart for 2.99 it's perfect and really robust too!!
That thing ain't lettin loose. I actually use mine for my 1232 holster.
Instead of running my belt thru it. It's a quick release of sorts. Excellent piece of gear.
Thanks for sharing this.

monahmat

Newly Enlightened
I recently found these case logic USB drive holders at K-Mart on clearance for $2.50. If I had thought of this for a possible use I would have picked up a bunch.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Stuff like this is why lovecpf Great use for such an item! Who would've thunk it except a flashaholic!

herosemblem

Enlightened
I love those belt clips.
Wally World has them in the gun section kiosk, located with the other keychains and blank keys.
CVS pharmacy also has them, so long as you can locate their small keychain section.

sirimaxi

Newly Enlightened
Great, great idea!!! I was looking for that kind of case..anyone knows where I can get those Case Logic USB holsters with worldwide shipping? Thanks!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Or, if u can't find it in those places, it will be the automotive/tire section
Of wal-mart.
Funny thing is, I see almost every police officer with one of these, and I always
Wanted one but never knew where they got theirs, and didn't want to....... Uh! ask them?
It wasn't the best of circumstances if u know what I'm saying....

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Awesome idea, thanks for sharing...and nice Mini TI BTW, I have the same light and it's a great little EDC.

popedandy

Newly Enlightened
Great, great idea!!! I was looking for that kind of case..anyone knows where I can get those Case Logic USB holsters with worldwide shipping? Thanks!

I've seen them in a lot of office supply stores.

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
That's a great idea! I have a small leather holster on my keychain for my Quark but this is much more modern look. Very creative!

Migo123

Newly Enlightened
That's a great idea! I have a small leather holster on my keychain for my Quark but this is much more modern look. Very creative!

Could you show a picture of your leather holster? Where did you buy it?

Regards

Migo123

bodhran

Enlightened
Ok...I'm a sucker for a great idea. Just got back from Staples with mine. Took off the key ring and put on a Nite Ize #1 S-Biner. I carry my Mini CR2 in my watch pocket but my work pants doesn't have one. This should be a nice solution. Looks nice too. Tnanks for posting.

Last edited: