• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote MORE PICS ADDED

benthiccracker

Enlightened
After I media blasted the lights we cleaned them and blew them with an air chuck. They went in the oven to cook off any grease etc. We then started spraying them and there was a little media still in the Z2 that found its way into the Cerakote then it was baked on. We saw it but thought it might come off with no ill effects. Wrong answer! After everything was oven cured I reblasted the Z2 and then it was recoated and recured. I decided to wait on it since my guy was pulling out a few rifles for group testing. See the pic above. That is a left ejection right handed precision rifle chambered in .280 Ackley Improved. Custom from the barrel crown to the recoil pad. With a radical Night Force Tactical scope that zooms to 32x!

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Ok guys 'n gals I published a YouTube playlist on the Cerakote Process. You can view them here, or in the next post.
Here are some pics I took during the day.

Here are the hosts/parts before.
ega2yvyd.jpg

They are in the oven after they were media blasted to burn off any oil/etc before spraying.
nydynapa.jpg

Freshly sprayed SureFire 6P in Safety Orange
hypurene.jpg

Some parts curing and some yet to be sprayed.
gena2u2e.jpg

Part being sprayed.
yra5uvap.jpg

Freshly sprayed SureFire M4 in SOCOM Blue
juvyvepu.jpg

Everything in the curing oven.
amatyby5.jpg

Everything cured except the problematic Z2. (Our fault not it's fault)
e4edy4ym.jpg

Redo of the Z2.
by9evu2y.jpg

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for taking and posting the videos, Brian. Interesting to see the process involved. I was a little surprised that you guys were in that spray room without masks on. Does the cerakote dry rather quickly? Looked like the guy was able to handle sprayed parts not long after hitting them.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Yeah, you should always wear a mask when spraying any type of paint! Joe does wear a mask when he sprays and he was teasing me a little about him not wearing one on account of me trying to make him a YouTube sensation.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great videos... I really like it. And the Z2 looks great in yellow. Can't wait to have it.

When the Z2 is back home I'll take a few cool pictures with my DSLR that you can use for this thread to show the results for others.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Everyone who is waiting on flashlights to be shipped back to them except AZVern (waiting on that bezel tool) please reply to this thread with your mailing address. All hosts are complete.

cubebike

Enlightened
Hi! Please check pm and I have included my US shipping address for your convenient

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone who is waiting on flashlights to be shipped back to them except AZVern (waiting on that bezel tool) please reply to this thread with your mailing address. All hosts are complete.

My current address is: Kevin Cox, 945 Venetia Way, Ketchikan, AK 99901 but my address I gave you at the beginning is 6265 W. Elm St, Phoenix, AZ 85033. That one would take longer probably, but I do have mail being forwarded.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Thanks for the addresses everyone. I am having cash flow difficulties and I am working hellacious hours at work. I had a huge problem with eBay which affected my PayPal and that in turn affected my Wells Fargo checking. I have everyone's parts safe and sound and finished. I have you all in the top of my to do list, do not think for one second that y'all are not a priority.