Challenge Week #6: "There can be only ONE!!" (mode, that is)

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
And as strange as it sounds using only that light in 2021 has caused lots of Caspers to be stirred up so there's all these friendly ghosts of days gone by running through my brain each time I use it.

I get the same thing with a few of my old lights as well :thumbsup:

For me the Seraph with a 6V Surefire incan P60 and 18650 30Q battery was a no brainer, it`s got a great mix of spill and throw and is a lovely color temp, great for ceiling bounce but not too bright if floor bounced. Being able to tail stand when ON is super helpful as well (the tailcap is modded and wont tailstand when OFF). Plus it`s my most used light anyway. ;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well that was fun. It was nice travelling back in time to enjoy an old fashioned technology for a week. Yet it was nice to be back in 2021. All week I had been using a 2c with a 3 volt light bulb (actually more like 2.4) and all 8 or so throwey lumens, which did the job at hand but when it was over I enjoyed grabbing my 2c sized MagCharger and blasting out 800+ lumens. It was like going from a BB gun to a 12 guage shotgun. "POW!! TAKE THAT DARKNESS!!"

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Would it be sad to admit that I`m still using my single mode incan? LOL

God I wish!!

I was the same when I was little, my head hits the pillow and I`m out for a good 8 hours, of course back then I would deny I was tired, nowadays if I`m tired that`s it, I get my head down and don`t care what`s going on, a good nights sleep is far more valuable to me ;)

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using a single mode on my flashlight was fun. I had to put my hand over the light a couple of times...70L is plenty bright for any occasion.

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
Huh. Today's the last day for me as well.
To be honest, I hardly noticed. I have 4 lights, and two of them are single-mode. One of the Multis is in the car. The closest I came to failing was pulling out my incan Peli instead of my LED LF E2.

80 lumens is pretty sweet.

I'll have to pull my XL50 out and give it some use this week to change things up. Of course, daylight is gaining on us here, so I haven't been needing the lights as much.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just started yesterday, using an M61 219 LLL, putting out about 50ish Lumens. Walking out the door for the dog walk tonight and not grabbing my Hound Dog was tough.

bignc

Enlightened
Honestly, i may not go back to my MD2. I already keep one in my bag so maybe the one i usually carry can stay in my other bag ( edc and bob.).

It was nice to carry something so slim... I'll think about it more but today i put the m61/219 over a 16340. Not bad for the purpose...

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hardest part of this is when I open my dresser drawer and see all those other lights sitting there feeling neglected.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I win this challenge every week.... Bright as Hell Mode (or highest setting on my main EDC light). Often one of countless 2xCR123 lights. Not even joking about the output level.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I win this challenge every week.... Bright as Hell Mode (or highest setting on my main EDC light). Often one of countless 2xCR123 lights. Not even joking about the output level.
Yeah, I miss that. Some *** almost ran me over crossing the street (at an intersection, with my dig, I had the light), would have been nice to have that mode.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, I miss that. Some *** almost ran me over crossing the street (at an intersection, with my dig, I had the light), would have been nice to have that mode.

Good to hear that both you and your dog are alright.