• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Chimera Mini Pre-Pay Sale

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARRRGGGGG - according to the post office website they left a notice yesterday!! And the damn place just closed!! I came home from work yesterday to check - and then went to the post office to pick up a different (registered) package... BUT THIS IS THE ONE I WANTED !!

I guess I can wait one more day:mecry::mecry::mecry:

WoW! Well i hope you dont rip it open IN the post office and
start jumping up and down like a 3yr old :eek: Wait, I would do that :ohgeez:

iconoclast

Enlightened
Mine just arrived! This light truly rocks. Thank you Sabrewolf! It's certainly the most unusual light in my collection. I hadn't realized it before, but the pocket clip makes just the right angle for setting the light on a table pointed at something you're doing. Very well done. Now to go find where I put that norland...

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what Fizzwinkus wanted for Tritium locations: (the 3 vertical ones)
fizzwinkus.jpg

Kinda cool :sssh:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up mine (splash ano & brass screws) yesterday late afternoon at the post office & just dashed off a big thanks to Robert before formatting HD on laptop & reloading windows etc....

As to the post at the top of the page - I was able to wait until I got back to my apartment.

It's a KEEPER. :thumbsup: I had bought the rip-offs holster mentioned earlier in the thread and it fits perfectly. For work I brought in one of my "expando" mini-usb (2" to ~18") to USB cords - it will charge it but doesn't access the memory card (I buy these 5 at a time on ebay - get them for a travel mouse that has mini-usb on the mouse).

Warm is very nice and bright enough for everything so far - light is very "solid" - some discussion earlier as to the weight - it's heavier than I thought it would be.

Paracord 550 just (with a little persuasion) makes it through the lanyard hole - so I put a short lanyard on it so I can hook my fingers in something.

Great light - I'll throw a photo or two up in the next few days. I've got to see what I have for trits.... 46th post in this thread !!! Photos soon (no new post for them!)

Last edited:

Doc

Enlightened
Mine is at the house! Just got to get back to town from work! So I can check it out! Doc.

iconoclast

Enlightened
oohh... nice placement fizzwinkus!

After having had some time to play with the Chimera Mini, it's quickly become one of my favorites. The ui works really well (it looks complicated on paper, but once you actually use it it's actually pretty simple). I would've figured that by the time I got this light, the 32GB cards would finally be available. But it's seems they're still "just around the corner", like they've been for years now. The pocket clip combined with the never-roll-away shape makes for a very convenient carry-anywhere light. Very nice work.

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted it to more closely match what I ordered (no clip)
Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes :)

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Sabrewolf,

Here's a new product that is just screaming to be stuffed into a Chimera:

http://www.airstash.com/

Let's talk if you think it can be done ;-)

Cheers,
Scott

:eek: That thing is the same size as my light :crackup:

Tell ya what, You buy one for me, And i will find out :)
If it doesnt work, I will send it back to ya in whatever
shape it ends up being afterwards :D But if it Does work,
Then we will have a pretty unique product on our hands :thumbsup:

Last edited:

reptiles

Enlightened
As much as it seems interesting; even if Robert could make it fit, the 2.4Ghz Airstash doesn't seem like a candidate to be encased in any metal. Even with a plastic cover on a Chimera, the Airstash will either be highly directional or won't propagate WiFi efficiently.

Although an external WiFi antenna might be employed, but then there is the pesky FCC WiFi rules to contend with.

...or so it seems to me. YMMV.

Regards,

Mark

acourvil

Enlightened
Well, if this is turing into a a "imagine your fantasy Chimera mini" thread, how about an all carbon fiber Chimera mini?

:)

mash.m

Enlightened
Well, if this is turing into a a "imagine your fantasy Chimera mini" thread, how about an all carbon fiber Chimera mini?

:)

then you have a heat problem. the maxflex and the mc-e will produce a loot of heat at higher modes...

markus

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
I thought titanium was a poor conductor of heat - of course, that was compared to aluminum...

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was talking about a Pure Carbon Fiber body :)
Carbon Fiber wouldnt work.... But Pure Carbon would :D
But the light would be a little bit brittle :(
Ohhhhh well, Can't have everything...hehe

I thought titanium was a poor conductor of heat - of course, that was compared to aluminum...

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a good link to Knife Making Steels and Non-Steels.

Taht kind of steel is Very tough and versatile..
The downside is that any kind of steel has very poor
thermal conduction properties. It is alot worse than
that of the Grade 2 Titanium i use in the Chimera Mini :mecry: