Christmas Gifts X! (enter here)

eternity

Newly Enlightened
It's actually 48hrs as mentioned in the 3nd to last paragraph in the first post. Romanko really wants that light and is pending on the donator's reply--which needs more time? The recipients are trying their best to get this done before christmas comes.

Just noticed you added a whole section, after I replied to this post.

I'm not sure why you're commenting on this so much, especially since we pretty much established we're waiting for csshih to decide. Are you upset about something? Are you misreading my post? I'm fine with whatever csshih decides. You seem more invested than Romanko and I are. :D

As for Romanko really wanting that light, I'm sure he does, but then again so do other people. It's the last high power (with li-ion) light I see on the list, and it's made of brass too! :) I believe he should of just chose it, and the list moves on. He didn't do that, so I figured his time ran out. Other people contacted the donor ahead of time and got answers (or not) before their time ran out. You mention the recipients wanting to get this done before Christmas, well doesn't it then behoove us not to hold this thing up for several days because someone is waiting for a PM?

Again, not sure why you're so invested, but I'm waiting for csshih to decide. :) If he says Romanko gets it, I'm fine with that.

Have a happy holiday. :santa:

Last edited:

ico

Enlightened
To whoever will post another comment whether you think of it as a positive or not. Please stop. I am just saying to not comment anymore. I know what will turn out so just don't. Pause and inhale and exhale for 10 seconds and see if you really ought that.

Even if one may think that their remark is posiive or no sniping intended, it is surely that others may misunderstand so i propose that from this moment, lets put this thing to a pause and no one shall post a comment until csshih (EDIT) or UndertheWeepingMoon returns and makes a statement. If you agree, don't comment. If you don't agree, still don't comment. I think that's fair enough :)

Last edited:

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
Very sorry to have held the train here :sweat:. As I said to Goki in my PM, I have been away from home and have had limited access to the internet. I had anticipated posting out my light before I left and, in hindsight, I should have mailed it directly to Craig to take care of.

According to the order of messages in my inbox, Romanko has first dibs on my light. If he decides to pass, or has chosen something else in my absence, I have no trouble posting to eternity. I can understand his patience has worn a little thin by now.

Edit: I have PM'd Romanko and can have the light in the mail to him tomorrow, if he wishes to take it.

Last edited:

eternity

Newly Enlightened
It seems that csshih has not checked in on this thread to make a ruling. That is disappointing. :(

Please freeze the list while I PM some people to ask questions.

Who do I contact to see if that 10$ Brite Guy gift certificate can instead be made a 4Sevens gift certificate?

eternity

Newly Enlightened
Gotcha! :D

While I do think Romanko's turn did time out, and that UnderTheWeepingMoon should have accepted my declaration for his gift (post #314) over Romanko's (post #327, ~69 hours after RAGE CAGE picked), I can't really be mad. It's a Christmas thread, so let's all be merry. :santa:

Instead I will select 30. Thrunite TI in gold, generously donated by tobrien (usa/mil only)

Will he ship outside the USA? :D

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I show the following gifts remaining:
8. Streamlight TwinTask + 4 primaries in a battery carrier, generously donated by climberkid
19. Victorinox 2AAA light, generously donated by Gunga
23. Pak Lite Super Glow edition generously donated by scout24
EDIT
29. 10$ Brite Guy gift certificate, generously donated by [Anonymous]
/EDIT
35. Half a kilo of Costa Rican coffee, generously donated by greenLED. Lots of students in this one, I bet someone could use this!

And the next 5 recipients:
tbutter
ico
Sinjz
Korgath
Martytuazon

Thanks eternity for the correction.

Last edited:

Lite-Bright

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the question that could have been asked was, did Romanko PM UnderTheWeepingMoon within the 24hr time limit ?
If so, then I say Romanko was in the right to pick and the choosing should have commenced.
If not, then Romanko should have chose something else after Eternity chose #18 since he was late.

All is said and done though and to answer Eternity, I think your answer is right there in the title line of the item up for grabs ... (usa/mil only)

eternity

Newly Enlightened
I show the following gifts remaining:
8. Streamlight TwinTask + 4 primaries in a battery carrier, generously donated by climberkid
19. Victorinox 2AAA light, generously donated by Gunga
23. Pak Lite Super Glow edition generously donated by scout24
33. Jetbeam PC25 package NIB - Soshine SC-S6 Quick Charger w/ Soshine RCR123A, Soshine RCR123A twin pack, Jetbeam bike mount, generously donated by Rat carling
35. Half a kilo of Costa Rican coffee, generously donated by greenLED. Lots of students in this one, I bet someone could use this!

And the next 5 recipients:
tbutter
ico
Sinjz
Korgath
Martytuazon

33. Jetbeam PC25 package NIB - Soshine SC-S6 Quick Charger w/ Soshine RCR123A, Soshine RCR123A twin pack, Jetbeam bike mount, generously donated by Rat carling

That was choosen by carling in post #124.

You are also missing 29. 10$ Brite Guy gift certificate, generously donated by [Anonymous]

Last edited:

eternity

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the question that could have been asked was, did Romanko PM UnderTheWeepingMoon within the 24hr time limit ?
If so, then I say Romanko was in the right to pick and the choosing should have commenced.
If not, then Romanko should have chose something else after Eternity chose #18 since he was late.

All is said and done though and to answer Eternity, I think your answer is right there in the title line of the item up for grabs ... (usa/mil only)

Not sure why we are still talking about this, especially since "all is said and done", but if you insist.

While I have not seen the actual PM Romanko sent, it sounds like it was a question on whether the light would be sent to the Ukraine (not the UK-United Kingdom), and not an actual declaration that he chose the light.

Regardless, from the rules:
"The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on."

He's suppose to post his choice. He was late.

The question about sending outside of the USA was made in jest. :poke: :ohgeez::shakehead :D Did you really not get it? :thinking:

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not sure why we are still talking about this, especially since "all is said and done", but if you insist . . .

Even if he did, you shouldn't have.

Seriously, just stop. You guys are pissing all over this Giveaway. Post after post. No more jest, no more snipes, no more PM this and PM that on the topic itself. (Let's keep in mind what the "P" in PM stands for.) I've seen issues pop up in past years of the Christmas Giveaway, but not even remotely to the extent that it got turned into such a mess. It's time to put an end to the back & forth before it really starts to get out of hand. Let's get back to what matters.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Even if he did, you shouldn't have.

Seriously, just stop. You guys are pissing all over this Giveaway. Post after post. No more jest, no more snipes, no more PM this and PM that on the topic itself. (Let's keep in mind what the "P" in PM stands for.) I've seen issues pop up in past years of the Christmas Giveaway, but not even remotely to the extent that it got turned into such a mess. It's time to put an end to the back & forth before it really starts to get out of hand. Let's get back to what matters.

+1

We're closing in already...A few more lights and, all gone

ico

Enlightened
I was drooling a bit for the coffee but it turns out that shipping coffee here is prohibited :(

My pick then will be : 19. Victorinox 2AAA light, generously donated by Gunga

Thank you once again csshih and Gunga :)

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
29. 10$ Brite Guy gift certificate, generously donated by [Anonymous]

Sinjz
Korgath
Martytuazon

Latest posts