New here.

sumuno

Newly Enlightened
Hello, never realized there was so much about flashlights. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum.
I have 2 MagLite 2 Cell that I would like be brighter. What's the cheapest way to get the most out of these flashlights.
Thanks in advance

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
Hello, never realized there was so much about flashlights. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum.
I have 2 MagLite 2 Cell that I would like be brighter. What's the cheapest way to get the most out of these flashlights.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to CPF! I think there are led conversions that you can buy for maglights, however I'm just repeating what I've heard. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

sumuno

Newly Enlightened
Are they C cells or D cells and how old are they. Incandescent?
Sorry forgot to write "D" cells
one is around 10 yrs or more the other I just bought off Facebook the other day, is there a way to tell how old they are?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightness is not everything. Lumens are fun, to be sure, but by increading brightness with LED, it reduces the quality of the light, slowly blinds you as LEDs are biased towards the blue end of the spectrum, and in fact will reduce your life. Also, you will discover here the consensus is that more can be seen with a dimmer light of better quality than with a brighter light of poorer quality.

And there are ways of increasing brightness without sacrificing the last few years of your life. your eye sight, nor the quality of the light produced.

Welcome to CPF, sumuno!

Hank R

Newly Enlightened
What's the cheapest way to get the most out of these flashlights.

If you really, really mean that, throw them away.

You can certainly get one of those Maglite LED Conversion Kit for 2,3,4,5,6 D cell and C cell Maglights Flashlights, and it will be an improvement over the Maglite incandescent lamp, but there are better and cheaper alternatives.

I am not denigrating that product nor do I intend to impugn your desire to keep your Maglite flashlights in service. In fact that's how I upgraded my three Maglites and it's a fine choice. The only reason I upgraded them is that I don't want to throw away perfectly good, well-made flashlights. On a strictly economic perspective it is simply not justifiable.