New Fenix Catalog 2024

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2024 Fenix catalog is out. :buttrock:

There doesn't seem to be that many new flashlights or headlamps and some of them have already been released.

I noticed the new PD32R.
No info on the UI other than max lumens: hard to tell if they might be interesting lights but worth keeping an eye out for me.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few new interesting headlamps, especially for running: The HM62-T and HM65R-T v 2.0. There is also an HM75R which is a powered-up HM65R with an internal lithium battery at the front, like the standard Hm65R, plus a separate 18650 compartment at the back, HP12-style. Lastly, a new camping latern: the CL22R.

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I like Fenix lights a lot. I think I have 10 different models that I selected carefully, and 1 lantern. Haven't really seen any other models that I'm wanting, at this point. I guess I have the bases covered with what I have. Great lights, and great customer service, for sure, in my experience.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Based on that catalog, not much exciting coming up from Fenix.

I already have 7 lights from them, plus doubles / triples of what I think is their best ones (E21 as simple indoor emergency lights, PD35 (2014) as work-EDC), of a wide variety, including a lantern (CL30R).
And I just got the HP30R v2.0, which I expect to serve my headlamp needs for the forseeable decade.

They still have lights that I want, but those are in the very expensive, top-end "whoop-a8s" category, like the Fenix LR80R searchlight.
I don't need a searchlight at all, so that is exclusively on the tickling the want-itch list - once the wallet agrees to buy one just for the sake of having one.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, not much exciting coming up for 2024 in the catalog.

The PD32R could be interesting as it seems to be a decent compact thrower with a hidden USB charging port, rathrer then a cheap USB-C rubber cover. This is nice to see in a compact 18650 light. I do fear that the UI will be the usual cycle-through memory mode without shortcuts to turbo or low. The low is 20 lumen anyway which I find a bit too bright for a light of that size.

The HM65R-T V2 and the HM-62-T also look very interesting. Especially the HM62-T looks like an upgraded HL55 with a 5-lumen low and a red light: not bad at all! Unfortunately, judging by the stated runtimes, it looks like the different levels will probably drop from claimed lumens to a half that in a matter of minutes... Not to mention that they still lack a top strap which is always good to have as an otpion.

I own plenty of Fenix lights but the favorite ones I still use evey day are stillthose from the early 2010s. The only exception from this decade, is the HM65R SUPERRAPTOR 2 which is an awesome headlamp.

Most of the lights they have released since maybe have even better build quality than the older models but the improvements, in my opinon, end there.