• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Closed 2018 Yuji 5600k High CRI 5mm LED Group Buy Closed

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2018 Yuji 5600k High CRI 5mm LED Group Buy OPEN

I have put them into Dorcy Penlight's(2AAA) as well as a Mini-Maglite's (2AAA)...over a year ago...both direct drive & still performing excellent. :twothumbs

A couple of my kids (7&12) have them and they look at other lower CRI LED lights with disdain now...probably the youngest tint snobs I know! :eek:oo:

scout24

Flashaholic

Update time, folks. If you have sent Paypal, your emitters either went in the mail today, or will go out tomorrow. I truly didn't think there was such demand for these... :) I pictured a couple hundred moving quickly, and having a bunch of Yuji inventory around for a while. Glad everyone has projects!!!

DimLite

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for 12.

Thanks for doing this one too - - - - What's next:naughty:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

PayPal sent for 25. Thanks for the groupbuy, much appreciated!

1pt21

Enlightened

If scout doesn't get any more of the 3200K emitters, and if you only need a few ... please PM me to discuss (I may be able to help you out no charge)

Thanks so much for the generous offer!! It's people like you that make this place what it is :grouphug:

Scout has made things right and told me that I'll be getting in on the next order of 3200K's!

Thanks for all the kind gestures and hard work that goes into these GB's, love this community!!!

scout24

Flashaholic

Yep, eyeball this groupbuy subforum. I should have the second batch of 3200's this weekend, they have shipped/ are tracking via DHL and get here very quickly from Yuji's HQ...

Very nice gesture, Arch... :grouphug:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Thanks so much for the generous offer!! It's people like you that make this place what it is :grouphug:

Scout has made things right and told me that I'll be getting in on the next order of 3200K's!

Thanks for all the kind gestures and hard work that goes into these GB's, love this community!!!

Yep, eyeball this groupbuy subforum. I should have the second batch of 3200's this weekend, they have shipped/ are tracking via DHL and get here very quickly from Yuji's HQ...

Very nice gesture, Arch... :grouphug:

Glad you're all set, cheers !

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypall sent for 25.

Thanks again for taking on this series of group buys. It's great to see as many people taking an interest in tinkering with humble 5mm emitters as there has been.

At these prices, I cover shipping and Paypal fees. Please send funds Paypal Goods and Services

Paypal seems to decided to make this confusing. In my account, there is no option labeled to select a Goods and Services purchase. I did finally find a link buried in their FAQ's that did so. From there I noticed the key is simply to select, "Add purchase protection on eligible purchases," and then it processes as a "buy" instead of a "send."

At least I'm pretty sure that's it. If anyone is aware of this being wrong, please correct me so nobody follows bad advice.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Been installing some 3200's while waiting for these, and have to correct what I said above about the RayoVac 2AA Industrial. It does not just give "a little bit of a hotspot". Once I backed off the reflector, it focused really well. After trimming the LED legs a bit more, it has a very nice "conventional" spot-and-spill beam, for those that want that. I was so impressed, I just ordered two more on Amazon, as these are not commonly available anymore. I'm sure they will rock in the Minimag type lights, although I prefer the plastic slide switch type (lighter, easier to hold in the mouth and no need to adjust the focus).

I think I could get the same results in other PR2 bulb lights, but the hassle of getting the LED soldered at the right height in a gutted bulb body is not appealing. This is possible because of the wide spread of these LED's. I have tried putting Nichia LED's in reflector lights like this, but they don't engage the reflector. Only the cut-down SMJLED's would work well, as they throw all of their light out the sides.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome! I sent payment, please confirm if you received it

idleprocess

Flashaholic

I regret missing out on the 3200K group buy. If you do another one, I intend to get in on it.

scout24

Flashaholic

Ozy- Received, will ship today. Idleprocess- another 1000 3200k's are inbound. :)

Esko

Enlightened

Once the international shipping prices were found out and I dropped out, I was about to post that if there were both 5600K and 3200K available, I might still be interested (I am more interested in 5600K). Well, if this is the case now, I might be interested again. Depending on conversion rates, ~$24-$28 is the maximum that I could pay and order tax/customs free (shipping included). I could also be interested in "a group buy in a group buy", if other European buyers are willing to send leds forward and it makes it cheaper for everyone.

scout24

Flashaholic

Esko- I'll happily ship a bunch to someone in Europe if you want to sort out where they go once they get there. Any more than 100 or so won't fit in a large flat envelope, and will require a package, which will be more money to ship. It's not like I'm making money on the shipping, the charges are printed on the shipping label. I just want your items to get to you, and do so in a somewhat timely fashion without a customs hassle or a raised eyebrow on your end with your postal system. Using a flat envelope and declaring "samples" is pushing things as it is. I discussed at length international shipping with my local postmaster, and this is how it's going to be. It's still less expensive than buying 1000 and doing a Europe Only group buy, though you're obviously welcome to take lead on that... :) Please let me knkw what you'd like to do.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

At what voltage ?

My original question was going to be "what is the voltage range?" but I opted to ask the plug n play one instead...

My thinking was using it in place of a bi-pin bulb. Is that even a viable option?

If practical, perhaps in a 1980's Streamlite Keymate a really dim BrightStar Solitaire clone or that sort of thing. And I have some old Sigmalite numbers (2xAA and AAA or 2xN cell) that if possible the dang near impossible to find original bi-pin bulbs could be preserved by using a Yuji if it's possible.

Last edited: