• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: X60vn - 7500L Thrower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halicon

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: X60vn - The 2013 Big Deal

RCantor, I believe the 2600mAH protected cells I got from china for a very cheap price are low-drain. At least I never use them in any torch, they just perform too poorly.

rdrfronty

Enlightened

I intend to do more testing with my X60vn this weekend. I only tested the lumens with the Supfire batteries so far when I got it. I assumed being a regulated light there was no point testing other cells. Until the reports above.
Fortunately I have a variety of quality cells. I have 3400mah Keeppowers, Panasonic PD's, and Samsung 20R's(the best low resistance cells).
So I'll charge these different cells up and do some testing in my lightbox.

RCantor

Enlightened

Great! I'll get 12 of whatever you find works best. Gotta carry spares!

rdrfronty

Enlightened

Ok, got the X60vn, a bunch of cells charged up, and stuck them in my light box. I've now tested with the stock supbeam 2600's(protected), Keeppower 3400mah's(protected), and Samsung 20R's(unprotected). And my results - the stock Supbeams are pretty good cells. No real good point in charging them.
The Supbeam and Keeppower's tested almost identical. Within 1%. Both ended up around the 6430 lumens I originally got. If the Keeppowers can't do better, no point in changing for another protected cell. The Keeppower is about as good as it gets for protected cells. If you want longer runtime and you use the X60vn for for work or etc., then it would perhaps make sense to swap in 3400mah cells for the increase in Mah's.
Now the Samsung 20R's - yes I did get a decent increase. They tested 6865 lumens at 30sec. And surprising actually increased lumens as I tested. It eventually peaked at 2:00 minutes with a max of 6980 lumens. Then started a slow drop. I've seen that only one other time and that's on the modded BTU Supershockers. Also using 20R's it climbs for about 90 seconds and then slowly starts dropping like the X60vn did. As a little side note, the 20R's started at about 4.23v and were at 4.13v after about 135 seconds. So you number crunchers might be able to figure what type of runtime it would give.
So basically these Samsung 20R 2000mah cells give a 4-500 lumen increase over the stock 2600mah Supbeams. Or roughly a 7% increase. Though at a 24% mah loss. And 20R's are THE lowest internal resistance and high output 18650 cells on the market.
So the way I look at it PERSONALLY - no point in buying any other cells. If you happen to have a set 6ea 20R's sitting around, sure stick them in the X60vn. Or if the stock ones go bad, they would be a nice choice if you don't mind unprotected cells. Or the Panasonic PF's or PD's would likely be a good choice IF you ever needed to replace the cells. The might give it a few percent increase and they offer 300 more mah.
Protected cells, any good panasonic based ones, will just give you a little more runtime. If that's a important thing for you, and you can afford to fork out $60-100 for a set of 6 quality cells, sure why not.
For now I will keep my stock Supbeams installed. If I ever change mine down the road, I'll go with 20R's. I mainly use my X60vn for a WOW light, so runtime and protection isn't a major concern for me. A set of 20R's can be had for about $40. So maybe down the road.

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

rdrfronty,
thanks so much for the battery test info:):):)
I went ahead and got 6 of the Panasonic "high drain"......but it is nice to know that the included batteries are good!

Wayne,
Not to sound like a broken record...but do you have any new information regarding the 2nd batch of X60's?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Supbeam said hey are almost done with all their new tweaks. They did tno say what the new tweaks are. But did promise I would get them ASAP.

rdrfronty,
thanks so much for the battery test info:):):)
I went ahead and got 6 of the Panasonic "high drain"......but it is nice to know that the included batteries are good!

Wayne,
Not to sound like a broken record...but do you have any new information regarding the 2nd batch of X60's?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

X60 just left Supbeam factory yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

leaftye

Newly Enlightened

Uh oh. My wallet just tried digging its way further into my pocket.

I can't wait to hear how moddable you find the updated X60 to be.

metalhead69

Enlightened

:paypal:
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 6SG09966E80173844)

X60vn Engraved

Thanks Vinh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.