• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: X60vn - 7500L Thrower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Sloan

Enlightened
Re: WTS: X60vn - The 2013 Big Deal

Alright, more lumens then you nitpick. ;)
The hotspot on the X60vn is so freakishly bright with all domes off, I would most likely prefer a tad stronger flood light. How is the tint when you run dome and de-dome on the same torch?

Probably too bright at close range! What about at over 200 meters? That bright hotspot is what is giving you the throw. That's what I love about the BTU Shocker...massive flood while having great throw. I am hoping the X60 will have even more of everything;)

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

I am even more psyched now....hope Supbeam sends them to Wayne!

Last edited:

Halicon

Newly Enlightened

Probably too bright at close range! What about at over 200 meters? That bright hotspot is what is giving you the throw. That's what I love about the BTU Shocker...massive flood while having great throw. I am hoping the X60 will have even more of everything;)

200-400 meters is where I prefer to use it. It is very much an ideal search and rescue light with the balanced throw and flood that seems to be quite rare.
What VN torches do you have? At 200 meters the X60 is roughly as bright as the TX25C2vn is at ~30m. Across two soccerfields is where the flood starts to run out and you begin to loose your trace sight but the hotspot still has plenty of room to play with.

I am yet to have tested it's tactical blinding capability thoroughly, but the bounce from windows (not tinted, I tried that once with the X60 and couldn't walk straight for a minute) 150m away was a bit too much for the eyes to handle.
And my pre-VN torch was effective only up to some 10m. :D

It isn't healthy to blind yourself, but hey, you gotta know, you know. ;)

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

What VN torches do you have?
too many to justify.....

BTU ShockerVN
TN31VN
K40VN
D40aVN
T45cVN
X10VN
X3VN
X60VN (on order/2nd batch)

I need counseling.

Halicon

Newly Enlightened

Ah, that makes it easier then. Imagine it like the X3 but with much more power in the tight spot and a tad larger angle on the reflector for more flood, needless to say the flood is far superior on the X60. ;)
Distances up to 100m I tend to use 50-60% output but further that it's full throttle.

Mike, if you like the shocker, you're probably going to love this. :)

Halicon

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, if the new batch comes with an even better driver I am SO sending mine back for re-dome and amp boost. Starting to feel bad for the wildlife, lost count how many deers, hares, badgers, geese and whatnot I've literally scared the beheebus out. :D
I get the feeling ~7K lumens isn't the end of this torch. Even after restarting the light to avoid stepdown, it just doesn't get warm until around 10 minutes on full, toasty on 15 and finally a bit uncomfortable at 20 - but by then you just need to switch the grip further down to avoid the driver as the power it's fed is pretty much impossible to dissipate through such a long body.

How hard have you driven the X60 Vinh? Would it be unfeasible to imagine a 8,5-9k lumen output with the right driver?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Alright, more lumens then you nitpick. ;)
The hotspot on the X60vn is so freakishly bright with all domes off, I would most likely prefer a tad stronger flood light. How is the tint when you run dome and de-dome on the same torch?

tint will just mix.

Halicon

Newly Enlightened

I just wanted to let all the X60vn owners know that the included batteris, while doing a great job - real quality high-drain batteries boost this light by a surprising amount.
The hotspot and flood is very visibly stronger.

Now it -really- is something to behold, even the spill is too blinding to look at indoors whereas before it was the hotspot that blinded you.

Happy illumination guys. :)

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

I just wanted to let all the X60vn owners know that the included batteris, while doing a great job - real quality high-drain batteries boost this light by a surprising amount.
The hotspot and flood is very visibly stronger.

Now it -really- is something to behold, even the spill is too blinding to look at indoors whereas before it was the hotspot that blinded you.

Happy illumination guys. :)

What batteries are you using to get more performance over stock batteries?

Last edited:

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

Glad to hear that....I just purchased "6" PANASONIC NCR18650B 3400mAh for this light! Is Supbeam still delaying delivery? I am going crazy waiting for this light:):):)

Last edited:

Halicon

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, even with three different types of cells fully charged I can see a quite significant visual change. Don't ask me how, all I know is my current cells are Enerpower, supposedly made in Germany versus the included ones.

The hotspot doesn't change too much but it's the spill that really gets a nice bump from those cells. I've tried with the included cells, eagletac 3400mAh, Enerpower 3400mAH and some crappy cells I got a long time ago which are just atrocious.
All in all, I love this torch even more, and having carried it around for some time the weight or discomfort of carrying a quite large torch simply disappears and instead becomes part of your body. Brave Vinh!

Now get to work on that amp boost so I can get my 9k lumens. ;D

RCantor

Enlightened

Did you test with the low resistance batteries vs regular ones?

Halicon

Newly Enlightened

RCantor, could you define low resistance batteries? If you mean typical $3-4 cells from China (China produces many great cells, just not these)/taiwan and such then yep. They didn't perform very well at all.

Just for clarity however, this is all subjective. What I notice others might not and so on. So if you're content with the cells you use, keep using them. :)
The included batteries aren't bad or poor at all, I'm only guessing that they don't quite belong to the upper echelon of quality in cells.

RCantor

Enlightened

18650PF Protected 2900mAh and Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh are low resistance, which it would be good to compare to a standard Panasonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh or 3100 Ah, for example

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

18650PF Protected 2900mAh and Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh are low resistance, which it would be good to compare to a standard Panasonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh or 3100 Ah, for example

I wish I had 6 of these cells (18650PF). Pretty big investment to experiment with. Halicon, what are the cells giving you the best results? Maybe Wayne could experiment with different cells to see if the difference warrants the investment.

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

Ok....just purchased (6) 18650PF's....now when I get the light....I will report the difference:)

RCantor

Enlightened

and, of course, those two with the included batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.