Component specifications, replacement parts & repair guides

IsaacL

Enlightened
Ya know what else we need with that?!! A trit slotted titanium button cover to replace the rubber switch cover!!! Like some folks nicely did for the v10r lights!

They exist! Ok, not exactly and they are as rare as unicorn teeth.
73332a487ac8a666d4229c4f1cd11e09.jpg

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome info. Thanks to IsaacL.
Here's my contribution to the thread:
Weight of a Mac's Customs SST50, aluminum, no clip, 59.53 grams
The weighed example has been nickel plated.
LVVUV8.jpg

IsaacL

Enlightened
It came up in another thread that Precisionworks can bore Mac's for 18mm cells. I already knew about this but for some reason or another it didn't make it into my guide :ohgeez:Now go get your 16mm lights bored for maximum power output :thumbsup:

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened
Lots of good info :)

anyone know about the reflectors in the sst50 and xml edc's?

know they are different, the SST50 sits flush and the xml has two posts that sit on the LED board, looks like it was customized some

part names or or where to buy would be great! Thanks

coldshot

Newly Enlightened
Second the request for reflector info for the SST-50.

Also, can anyone describe the technique for removing the reflector from the pill? Theyre pressed together very tightly. I don't want to break anything by using too much force.

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened
Coldshot, the reflector on my sst50 was thermal epoxied to the top of the pill flat pill to flat bottom of reflector, I used a razor blade on seam and tapped it in to split

the whole top of the xml pill is recessed to allow for the xml star, the reflector has two feet that extend down and are thermal epoxied to the top of the XML star

D2000

Enlightened
Great Info!

Thanks so much. Looking to replace my o-ring on the business end of my Tri - the seal at the glass lens and optic.

Is this the same as the listed o-ring size? Or different? They certainly look much thinner and smaller in tube diameter.

Cheers

IsaacL

Enlightened
You're very welcome. The part you're referring to is the Watch Crystal Gasket #107; it is a flat gasket instead of an o-ring. They are sold in packs of three.

D2000

Enlightened
Re: Attn: READ ME

I bought replacement screws - those lovely Ti ones in the list (not trits) but was wondering if the gasket 107 is common and can be found in brick and mortar stores? In aus?
Just want to avoid shipping charges that are 3 times the amount of the item I'm buying.

Cheers

IsaacL

Enlightened

Since it's just a watch gasket, I'd be surprised if your local horologist or clock & watch shop doesn't carry flat gaskets. The important part are the dimensions since "#107" is probably not a universal part number. No reason to spend a fortune just for overseas shipping.

D2000

Enlightened

Awesome thanks man. Gonna have a little poke around the shops sometime today to find some. The dimensions listed will be my guide but I'll assume that they don't need to be exactly the same. As long as they match in diameter.