Considerations/markers for buying 2.4A/48W dual tablet charger from eBay/Aliexpress?

theilluminati

Newly Enlightened
Imagine my situation: I'm out of the States, so it's not really feasible to access the World's largest marketplace, Amazon.com w/ Fulfilled by Amazon sellers with stellar reviews.

I'm considering price/quality-wise the equivalents of Anker, RavPower and the like; though I guess I could get similar quality chargers for similar price ($8-10, depending on branding and being it black or white) from about 10 or so Amazon vendors - if I could. Though for the exact 2.4A/48W model I prefer the RavPower make over the Anker; it's smaller and lighter, same stellar reviews and warranty policy; what can get wrong here? (Thought somewhere I suspect all these companies are one big holding or at least re-brand the same OEMs.)

Interesting article: http://www.righto.com/2014/05/a-look-inside-ipad-chargers-pricey.html
He argues the iPad charges is of much higher quality than the fake, though it's price is still almost all full profit. I wonder if Anker, RavPower and the like equal the quality of the iPad charger.

Now, my considerations: what are the markings on the charger and do they mean or guarantee anything?

1st) Stickers on the iPad charger (from the above article):
charger-ipads.png

The BlitzWolf charger (which has the stellar Amazon reviews as these other two, more popular brands) has other markings:
1439973894_2.JPG

To add insult to injury, the RavPower has the less markings on it:
ER6V8L7.jpg

I understand FCC ~ CE (though it's strange the US original iPad charger has CE marking, but not FCC, but should I miss RoHS? Esp. from the bottom of the original iPad charger, as Apple claims to be such an environmentally friendly company.

http://www.apple.com/environment/
Scroll down to

Beryllium
Mercury
Lead
Arsenic
Polyvinyl chloride
Brominated flame retardants
Phthalates

[Free]

Yeah, I read about Apple requiring the same attention from its [Chinese] OEM partners as well, who are the same OEMs presumable making the likes of Anker, RavPower and the like (dual chargers still rock).

Is there a marker for environmental friendliness? I'd definitely prefer that, just for fun.

Such a trivial - but important! - thing as a charger. Should I trust any seller for, say BlitzWolf out of China w/ free shipping worldwide, or, perhaps you have a better idea? I cannot be sure the Chinese don't clone even such humble, Chinese-originated brands like BlitzWolf (never heard of them).

Plug is irrelevant (but better be smaller, US or EU rather than big, bulky UK one), as world adapters are standard to me.

Last edited: