Convoy L6 Mod, How to double your lux!!

arKmm

Enlightened
WIth the de-dome and boost options on a NW from your website, what does it bring the lumen/lux to and what is the equivalent throw distance as per the ANSI standard?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
What current do you boost these to?

Typical is around 6.3 amp.

WIth the de-dome and boost options on a NW from your website, what does it bring the lumen/lux to and what is the equivalent throw distance as per the ANSI standard?

If you do both mods the lumen count remains about the same. Boosting the driver current would gain you about 400 lumens or so in output, but de-doming actually causes a slight loss. The lux or range of the neutral would be about 90% of the what the cool white is so 640 meters for the neutral if my math is correct.

arKmm

Enlightened
Apologies for all the questions!

If the boost only adds a negligble amount to the output, is it better value for money to just go for the de-dome option and not worry about the boost on your website?

Also, what was the throw distance on the stock NW?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apologies for all the questions!

If the boost only adds a negligble amount to the output, is it better value for money to just go for the de-dome option and not worry about the boost on your website?

Also, what was the throw distance on the stock NW?

No apologies needed. If you're only going to go for one of the two I'd say that the de-dome will have a more dramatic effect. I've not measured the 5000k myself, but someone PM'd me the otherday and said they got 65,000 lux which translates to a 509 meter beam distance from the factory.