Convoy L6

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 4x KeepPower batteries on August 24. The last tracking entry was yesterday, September 5. It had the batteries only 7 miles away. With luck, they will arrive today.

I'll post again when they do.

P.S. Thanks for the info regarding Efest 26650 batteries. I purchased mine as part of a group buy at BLF. Paid $10 each.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the L6 Keeppowers on 8-4, they shipped 8-23 and arrived 9-3. They were not showing "in stock" when I placed the order.

Do they in fact fit perfectly in the L6? Not to tight (no damage to bottom of second cell) and not too loose? I just wanna make sure before I place an order.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Do they in fact fit perfectly in the L6? Not to tight (no damage to bottom of second cell) and not too loose? I just wanna make sure before I place an order.

I would say they are just right.

0906161023f1.jpg

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. It has taken me 10 minutes to post this because the Forum is running so slow. :(

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you everyone for an update on the KeepPower batteries.

The photograph above shows a very good fit for the L6.

I am still trying to post this message!

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the new Keeppowers as part of the first wave. Ordered July14th received August 1st.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batteries ordered Aug-24; arrived Sep-06.

They are indeed shorter than 70mm. The other end of my ruler is at 10cm. There is a bit of parallax in the image. Length is something like 68.5 or 69mm.

Keep_Power_26650.jpg

They are an easy fit in the Convoy L6, barely extending to the lip of the body tube.

Convoy_L6.jpg

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batteries ordered Aug-24; arrived Sep-06.

They are indeed shorter than 70mm. The other end of my ruler is at 10cm. There is a bit of parallax in the image. Length is something like 68.5 or 69mm.
+1

Batteries at the length of 68.5mm to 69mm are optimum for the L6. :thumbsup:

Wendee

Enlightened
Does anyone know how far the Convoy L6 throws? I can't find this info, anywhere (not even on Aliexpress Convoy site). I have the NW version coming in the mail (and the short Keeppower 26650 batteries). I know it's not a thrower but I'm curious about how far it actually throws. 300m? More/less? :thinking:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Does anyone know how far the Convoy L6 throws? I can't find this info, anywhere (not even on Aliexpress Convoy site). I have the NW version coming in the mail (and the short Keeppower 26650 batteries). I know it's not a thrower but I'm curious about how far it actually throws. 300m? More/less? :thinking:

I read 63,600 CD in a review.

ven

Flashaholic
So, approximately 500 meters of throw (I think?). Sounds good to me! Thanks for the info. :)

Bare in mind it will be down to 0.25lux which is useless, would work on a little more useful 200m beam tbh wendee. Either way it will light up a lot in front of you, but no long distance thrower.

Wendee

Enlightened
Bare in mind it will be down to 0.25lux which is useless, would work on a little more useful 200m beam tbh wendee. Either way it will light up a lot in front of you, but no long distance thrower.

Yes, I'm still learning about "lux". Aren't all lights the same though, when it comes to throw measurements? Wouldn't a light that throws 1500m be extremely dim at 1500m? I have lights that throw a lot less than 500m and a couple of lights that throw a lot more than 500m (780m & 1100m) but all of my current lights are under 1100 lumens. Both of my throwers are only around 700 lumens, yet they're much brighter than my 1100 lumen light, at a distance (tested in a big field). So lower lumen with longer throw is actually brighter but wouldn't 3800 lumens be just as bright or brighter at say 300m as a 700 lumen 1100 meter thrower (just because it's so bright?). It's all kind of confusing. I'm trying to imagine what it will be like, but I really can't. I know I'm looking forward to getting my L6 though. For the price, I think I'll be very, very happy with it. 3800 lumens, wow! :twothumbs If it lights things up 200m away (two football fields?), I'll be happy with that. I don't think I'll need to see farther than that (I still want to eventually buy a huge thrower though :naughty:).

ven

Flashaholic
Yes , one that can throw [email protected] will be useless at 1500m, very good at 400-500m though. I roughly 1/3 the quoted distance for an idea of some useful light, some might go further than that. Just did not want you to expect to light up a bear @500m, tell it was brown and was waving at you saying " turn the bl00dy light off!"

:)

arKmm

Enlightened
Good evening. A few questions if you could assist.

1. Could someone assist me with either the best place to buy a Convoy L6 from the UK or EU, or failing that the best place to purchase it from overseas? (PM me due to rules)
2. Furthermore, same question regarding 26650 batteries for it (Keepower 5200mAh seem to be the recommended cell to use) (As above)
3. Does anyone know if the clear reflector version is out yet and what sort of lux improvement it gives?
4. The adverts all quote the lm figures for the standard CW variant. Anyone know what the lm will be for the NW version?
5. Since the L6 came out, has another flashlight at the same price point / style come along that can do the job better or is this still the one to go for? (i.e plunger, capable at both flood and throw, sub $100)
6. I notice AdventureSport gives the option to have them boost driver current and/or dedome the emitter. Has anyone either done these or know what the figures are post modification?

Last edited: