Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mother's Day is postponed until further notice.

84127-BAC-29-BC-40-F2-9-A20-3-CD317-E826-F5.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Vitamin D dosing and details:

Parade day in lockdown-free Belarus, where they have the freedom* to not wear masks (* - enjoy the parade, comrade.)

Greta

Flashaholic
Just spent a blissful hour social distancing all by myself in my pool absorbing copious quantities of vitamin D [emoji274]

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1589140873.564803.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Just spent a blissful hour social distancing all by myself in my pool absorbing copious quantities of vitamin D

Full sun/blue sky for 20 minutes is 10,000 IU per side of your body, something to be aware of if you've had vitamin D dosing issues before.

Greta

Flashaholic
Full sun/blue sky for 20 minutes is 10,000 IU per side of your body, something to be aware of if you've had vitamin D dosing issues before.

The reason I had dosing issues in the past is because I was taking supplements per doctor's prescription on top of the time I spend outside. She prescribed based on my age and not by any other consideration :ironic: I've never had issues with spending time out in the sun and getting my vitamins naturally... :)

Greta

Flashaholic
This was my weather yesterday morning for dog walking. Windy and light snow. If we could split the difference, I'd be good... :)

Pretty crazy, eh? Yeah, I would gladly split the difference as well. The only way I get through this heat is with my pool and AC in the house set at 73F.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I don't get a lot of sun but I take 1000 units of D3 daily. When they measured my vitamin D level in my blood, it was right in the middle of the ideal range. YMMV of course.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Todays grocery run was a bit of a shocker. Last evening Mrs Fixer and I went out for dinner and noticed the Food Lion parking lot looked like they were giving away cases of beer. When we arrived this morning the meat section looked like the toilet paper section. Only fresh bird they had was turkey necks.
Amazingly there was a slew of pounds of ground beef at half price since it went out of date today. Stock up on aged burger meat? Eh, I don't dig on ground beef much these days so I passed it by. But there was plenty of pig ribs and ground turkey. We found some rib eyes, an apple wood smoked turkey tenderloin and plenty of fish. If you wanted anything fresh chicken or pork chops forget it. I figure that's why the parking lot was so full last evening.

Everything else except rice and toilet paper was plentiful. Well, strawberries, grapes and that sort of stuff was all gone too. They were setting out meats and bird when we were leaving.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Its been interesting in how varied the store's supplies are from one to another, not only from one store brand to another, but from one location to another with in the same brand.

A few days ago, my daughter placed a shopping order at a Shop Rite the next town over. I drove up tonight @ 5:30, pulled up to the front door and they loaded it into my trunk.

Although she ordered Coke, or a substitute, we got NONE. They didn't even have the cheap shop rite brand.
Chicken breasts... none.
Frozen pizza (especially California Pizza Kitchen, but substitutions allowed) None!
bleach, sanitizer, TP, paper towels, clorox wipes, NONE
This is a huge store. I very rarely shop there, it is confusing trying to find anything unless you are a regular. I didn't have to go in therefore I didn't.

On the way home, though I stopped at another supermarket. Stop and Shop, another very large chain store.
On a mission to get pizza, I skimmed through the store. Picked up 5 lbs of skinless boneless chicken breasts. There were a dozen or so packages available.
Plenty of beef, fish, etc.

Large bottles of Coke, $2 each. I think they are usually $1.39 not sure.

No bleach, or sanitizers, and the paper isle was barren.
They had some, but not many frozen pizza's but they were with pepperoni or BBQ or fancy like that.

Oh what the heck I am already going to have to shower when I get home, let me try another Shop Rite on the way home.
Lot's of Pizzas most were of the specialty kind, but there were quite a few of three cheese styles.
I picked up five.
Some OJ, and coffee.

It seems I have been going out once a week. I go early during Senior's hour. I am in and out of the store within 20 minutes.

Today, I discovered, that at 5:00 PM 6:00 PM, on Mother's Day, the stores are so empty of people, as I pulled up to the almost empty parking lot, I wondered if they closed early.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Its been interesting in how varied the store's supplies are from one to another, not only from one store brand to another, but from one location to another with in the same brand....

Supply chain chaos. Expect that to continue, and worsen exponentially, the longer the situation continues.

Greta

Flashaholic
I've been really surprised at how well and quickly our grocery stores here have gotten through the initial "surge" of hoard shopping and are now pretty well stocked at all times. No problems getting meat and other items I regularly purchase. I bought two 12/pks of TP on Amazon back in March (on top of two I had already bought back in February for normal shopping) and we still have one pack unopened. We're good. Only thing that seems to be a little more difficult to find these days is a case of Corona Seltzer. What with everyone hanging at home and doing shotgun videos for FaceBook, it seems to be in somewhat short supply. I have 2 cases in stock now but will have to go questing soon to make sure I don't run out. No... I do NOT do shotguns! That stuff will kill you!! :duh2::sick2:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've been really surprised at how well and quickly our grocery stores here have gotten through the initial "surge" of hoard shopping and are now pretty well stocked at all times.

Over a longer time period, demand is fairly constant thus the supply will catch up as the market sits on its glut of hoarded goods. Lesser whipsaw effects will likely be silently mitigated by retailers' distribution centers as supply and demand begin to coexist in relative proximity.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Grocery stores here in my area of Oregon have done really well. In Feb when I saw what happened in Italy, I really added to my stockpile here, incl. 3 lbs of bacon which gets me squared away w/ meat for 4 months or so. But aside from a couple days when they were out of TP (I confess to already having an obscene supply), our supply chain has been really smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.