Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
Ps anyone know why they dont use other names for these outbreaks other then well known brands? Like corona and kawasaki?

Good question, raggs... no idea! Interesting thought though. Perhaps SH has some info to share with us on this?:thinking:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Good question, raggs... no idea! Interesting thought though. Perhaps SH has some info to share with us on this?:thinking:

The Latin word for "crown" was used to scientifically describe most anything in nature that resembled a crown for most of the Enlightenment, and naturally remained in the leading fields of the 20th century as discoveries were made there.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Hey Poppy! :wave: That is so awesome you do that with your dad! But... where were you a month ago?!?! LOL - My Cigar Bar opened back up yesterday but unfortunately I am in quarantine until Honey gets his test results back. So I could not attend the Grand Re-opening... :mecry: Hopefully all will be well in a day or two and we will be able to resume poker as usual. Thank you for your suggestion though! I do appreciate it! Be well, my friend!
I hope Honey is feeling better, regardless of the test results.

Hopefully the results will be negative, and you'll be able to get out and play with some friends.

Regarding where I was a month ago.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?466300-Games-to-play-with-Seniors-with-facetime

So my dear, keep smiling, and if you don't get out, maybe you can hold up a Martini, and face time your friends.
Be well,
Poppy

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how it would go down if SH wrote that... or do I (wonder) ?

NB: the only side I'm on is mine & Facts'.

Cheers.

He called me a bigot and I got over it so I'm sure it'll be fine. To be fair I never called anyone here a dumbass by name. Now, however, mention CNN and holy crap star halo will go off the rails.

nbp

Flashaholic
Yet you, YOU, suggested divesting the thread to suit your wants. Not me. And if you think it hasn't happened here before, you really are in denial. Go to a tint snob thread, or ask one poster here in this thread how he feels about HDS lights...

HDS lights are probably in the top three overall finest lights made. I have had more of them than any other brand over the past 13 years. Anyone who disagrees can lick an elevator button.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

StarHalo

Flashaholic
He called me a bigot and I got over it so I'm sure it'll be fine. To be fair I never called anyone here a dumbass by name. Now, however, mention CNN and holy crap star halo will go off the rails.

I'm glad you got over that, that would look pretty silly if someone said you'd make a good businessman and you took it as a religious slur. I will now pose the same question to you that I posed to Greta - what are the correct and trusted sources? We know CNN isn't one, so I've made it a point not to use that one. So which ones should I use?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Star,
When using any news agency as factual it's always a potential for biased information. Always.

"Extra extra read all about it" is how they make their living. And these days everything, I mean everything is political in America. Wanna know what news agency to quote?
E: none of the above

You've probably heard the old story where Joe said a man named Jim had on green pants, pass it on and 12 people later it gets back to Joe who hears a boy named Sue was wearing a purple rain coat.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Star,
When using any news agency as factual it's always a potential for biased information. Always.

100% valid answer. You could just say "I'd like to see some other studies" or seek a second opinion, but it defeats the purpose of posting information if you just write off anyone who doesn't share your sources..

Greta

Flashaholic
You can post and use whatever sources of info you want in that new thread you wanted to start...

So you're openly acknowledging that there are obviously people here who want to limit sources, but you'd still prefer to blame that on me?

That's your response to what scout posted?!?!?

How do you come up with this stuff?!?! :ohgeez:

And still... you continue to prove my point to all and sundry that you totally misinterpret/misunderstand/misrepresent what others post. You just never do learn... :shakehead

Greta

Flashaholic
... what are the correct and trusted sources?

The ones that write: "There have been 47 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the past two months since the first reported case. There have been four deaths since the first reported case."

And NOT: "There are 47 confirmed cases. COVID-19 is here!"

Again... do you see the difference? Hmm?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
That's your response to what scout posted?!?!?

I said I wanted all sources included. BB disagrees with that position. I said there should be a thread for those who want to discuss it singularly-emotionally and not open-source factually. Scout is saying the burden is on me to produce a thread that allows all sources. So is Scout right?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I said I wanted all sources included. BB disagrees with that position. I said there should be a thread for those who want to discuss it singularly-emotionally and not open-source factually. Scout is saying the burden is on me to produce a thread that allows all sources. So is Scout right?

Don't speak for me. Ever.

scout24

Flashaholic
And don't twist what I say. You fool no one. You wanted to divest threads to suit your wants. You didn't like what's being posted here. I have a nice selection of shovels, you can borrow one if you'd like to continue to dig your hole.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
? I don't even know what you are on about with that. I told you my thoughts, I'm not a fan of any news sources anymore because they are all extremely politically motivated. There is no news there are just agendas

StarHalo

Flashaholic
And don't twist what I say. You fool no one. You wanted to divest threads to suit your wants. You didn't like what's being posted here. I have a nice selection of shovels, you can borrow one if you'd like to continue to dig your hole.

Sorry, what you just typed is there above, you were clearly telling me that I could create a different thread that allowed all sources.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
? I don't even know what you are on about with that. I told you my thoughts, I'm not a fan of any news sources anymore because they are all extremely politically motivated. There is no news there are just agendas

So if you posted a bit of unsourced news, and I barged in and said "Oh you're obviously one of those PBS news people," what would be your take from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts