Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It's certainly possible, bykfixer. It's impossible to tell who's had it versus who might be an asymptomatic carrier though. Granted that first responders in NYC have probably been exposed at a higher rate than the general public so many of them could already have antibodies.

A co-worker of mine got it and was pretty ill for a couple of weeks but he's back to 100% now. I wasn't close enough to him for long enough to have gotten it so it appears that I dodged a bullet, and no one else in my workplace has had it to my knowledge. I hope that you and Mrs. Fixer remain healthy also.

ven

Flashaholic
i wear my mask to keep me safe and to keep others safe. but i still get looks like im a mad man for wearing a mask. i still even use hand satasizer (spell check do ya job darn it) i use it even before i go in store

Thats perfect raggie, it means people will stay even further away! Stay safe.

Why are LEO laughing on an elevator a threat while screaming rioters are not?

"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders."

Signed by 1,200 health professionals
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Perhaps the reason a lot of people are no longer donning masks is because they believe the experts have either been wrong or have been lying about COVID-19 from the start.

The experts told us:
COVID-19 would kill two million Americans.
The infection mortality rate was 3.4%.
COVID-19 doesn't discriminate against age.
It's still dangerous to send students to school.
Asymptomatic carriers are killing Granny.
Hospitals would be overwhelmed.
We'd need tens of thousands of ventilators.
Up to 80% of the population would need to be infected to reach herd-immunity.
Lock-downs were the only way to stop the spread of the virus.
The reproduction rate was slowed by lock-downs.
Wearing a mask won't protect you.
Wear a mask to protect yourself.
Wear a mask to protect others.

The list goes on and on ....

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Perhaps the reason a lot of people are no longer donning masks is because they believe the experts have either been wrong or have been lying about COVID-19 from the start.

The experts told us:

You mean the preliminary models - so breathlessly reported by profit-motivated news media - that made numerous assumptions about the virus, an absence of policies to contain the virus, and the behavior of the larger public turned out to be wrong because the virus isn't exactly what it was thought to be, policies of containment were implemented, and the public did change its behavior? Astounding. Maybe those experts actually knew what they were talking about and their initial models were wrong because we implemented quarantine measures and (enough of us) wore face masks in public and the success of those measures has been warped into criticism of them.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At my quartlery check up the scale indicated I've done enough celebrating with ice cream Poppy. :fail:

Perhaps it's time for Sherbert instead.
Was going to postpone the visit but got the good news before the appointment.

BTW wear a mask or don't come in is the policy. No exceptions, no free masks. BYO or stay away.
I'm cool with that.

Poppy

Flashaholic
According to this video presentation by Dr John Cambell
Sweden (which remained an open society) had about 9 times the number of deaths per population than each of her surrounding neighbors, Norway, Finland, Denmark.

Sweden will have survived economically better, due to not shutting down, not paying people to stay home, and not caring for serious cases, other than to give palliative care (read as morphine). Palliative care does not induce the sky rocking medical costs, incurred by other nations.

The cost savings are achieved by a greatly increased death rate.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I am in a hotspot and down here in Tampa, FL. most of us know we either have it, had it, or will get it. No big deal as none of us are getting off this earth alive.

I like how it is here in New Tampa. Pretty much back to normal except some stupid places make you wear a mask.

At least our weather warfare program has advanced since I was working in that department.

Someone is getting a lot of precipitation.

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
I've been watching Dr John since the start, he does a vid every day explaining things in basic understandable language. Take your vitamin D people.

p.s. I think the US is in for a rude awakening due to so many ignoring the risks. Numbers rising in most states. I think the next two weeks will prove this unfortunately.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
壟

Wow, had to zoom in on these symbols in post #1368. Sure we could see the thumbs up but the other two looked like testicles and ovaries. Speaking of which, just wondering what this covid thing has done to birth rates, casual intimacy among strangers...

Still curious to see members here doing the 'told you so' and 'sky is falling' because infection rates have had an increase because we are trying to get back to our lives. Of course more people will get it, and more people will be stronger because of it. Curve still flattened right? Everyone's credibility is at stake here.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought of a few of you today when I watched an episode of Good Mythical Morning, especially raggie33!!

Got to give that prune juice a go!! :thumbsup:

Poppy

Flashaholic
<snip>

Still curious to see members here doing the 'told you so' and 'sky is falling' because infection rates have had an increase because we are trying to get back to our lives. Of course more people will get it, and more people will be stronger because of it. Curve still flattened right? Everyone's credibility is at stake here.
Curves vary from one state to another, and one region to another, within states.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/florida-coronavirus-cases.html

Florida's new case rate has quadrupled in the last few weeks. The death rate lags behind the new case rate by a few weeks to 6-8 weeks. Currently, Florida's death rate has not responded to the 4x increase in cases, but one would be foolish to think that the death rate will remain flat.

In NJ, both the death rate, and new case rate have remained flat, but we have just started to open up. Yesterday I was out and saw parking lots packed, and a considerable amount of more traffic. We shall see what a few weeks bring.

turbodog

Flashaholic
According to this video presentation by Dr John Cambell
Sweden (which remained an open society) had about 9 times the number of deaths per population than each of her surrounding neighbors, Norway, Finland, Denmark.

Sweden will have survived economically better, due to not shutting down, not paying people to stay home, and not caring for serious cases, other than to give palliative care (read as morphine). Palliative care does not induce the sky rocking medical costs, incurred by other nations.

The cost savings are achieved by a greatly increased death rate.

Just looked at Sweden's numbers. As soon as our deaths increase 36% we will match their death per capita... at the rate we are going that won't take long either.

Even then, it's hard to make apples/apples comparison. They let it accelerate. This may mean worse is to come for them, or it may mean they simply condensed the actions into a smaller timeline... so their backend may not be as severe.

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic
Why are LEO laughing on an elevator a threat while screaming rioters are not?

The experts told us:

The current numbers suggest at least 1.0-1.5M deaths in the US.
Case mortality is around 5% currently.
By asymptomatic, do you mean long term care workers? If so, then that has already happened.
NY had problems dealing with it, and other states will also.
Vents are less important, but we still are running out of PPE, steroids, sedatives, cremation/burial capacity, etc.
Herd is projected currently at 50-60%, so that's good.
Partly true, especially till the supply chain caught up.
True
Partly protected, depends on mask.

Afterthoughts... I don't know if you are railing against conflicting information generally, or these are your specific gripes. People forget that the USA is literally United STATES of America. All 50 still function independently to a large degree.

It's tragic, but expected that they do not have all the same plans, experiences, outcomes, and so on. Then the Federal gov't is in the mix, so it's chaotic at best. In addition, something that _most_ never thought would happen _IS_ happening.

Last edited:

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
The current numbers suggest at least 1.0-1.5M deaths in the US.
Case mortality is around 5% currently.
By asymptomatic, do you mean long term care workers? If so, then that has already happened.
NY had problems dealing with it, and other states will also.
Vents are less important, but we still are running out of PPE, steroids, sedatives, cremation/burial capacity, etc.
Herd is projected currently at 50-60%, so that's good.
Partly true, especially till the supply chain caught up.
True

Afterthoughts... I don't know if you are railing against conflicting information generally, or these are your specific gripes. People forget that the USA is literally United STATES of America. All 50 still function independently to a large degree.

It's tragic, but expected that they do not have all the same plans, experiences, outcomes, and so on. Then the Federal gov't is in the mix, so it's chaotic at best. In addition, something that _most_ never thought would happen _IS_ happening.

Running out of sedatives?

Obviously.... they didn't get in touch with me. Lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.