Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Other countries are doing school. How are they doing it? We should Do that. Virtual learning might be okay-ish for middle and upper class kids, but for many students it's basically a joke. American students already rank poorly by many metrics; not sure how many school years they can afford to miss at this point. Gotta get it figured out people.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I really don't see how we can open schools safely in the fall. Younger kids are likely to spread it wildly like Monocrom said because they have no concept of infection. Older kids are more prone to want to party together. Even if the classrooms themselves are safe in terms of spread out seats, masks, disinfecting, what happens when the bell rings and kids pour into the hallways in close proximity to each other? What about everyone touching the same handrails? And laughing and screaming in the halls, propelling the virus for dozens of feet? It only takes one of these conditions for things to go south.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I really don't see how we can open schools safely in the fall. Younger kids are likely to spread it wildly like Monocrom said because they have no concept of infection. Older kids are more prone to want to party together. Even if the classrooms themselves are safe in terms of spread out seats, masks, disinfecting, what happens when the bell rings and kids pour into the hallways in close proximity to each other? What about everyone touching the same handrails? And laughing and screaming in the halls, propelling the virus for dozens of feet? It only takes one of these conditions for things to go south.

Actually from what I've read the younger kids are usually not the ones spreading the virus.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200710100934.htm

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's not really much of anything anyone can believe about this virus. Hate to say it but everything is speculation and bad data. My wife's friend and both her daughters have it now. Both daughters are very very young. Their babysitter has it......Kids can spread it. The babysitter/mother were almost never in contact. Babysitter tested positive after the kids. Strange thing is dad doesn't have it, he was the one delivering children to the babysitter

Monocrom

Flashaholic
There's not really much of anything anyone can believe about this virus. Hate to say it but everything is speculation and bad data. My wife's friend and both her daughters have it now. Both daughters are very very young. Their babysitter has it......Kids can spread it. The babysitter/mother were almost never in contact. Babysitter tested positive after the kids. Strange thing is dad doesn't have it, he was the one delivering children to the babysitter

Will send prayers that they all recover. It's devastating to hear of extremely young children getting infected.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Schools can't control nits (head lice) never mind a virus!!! :whistle:

That's exactly correct. Schools will have to go completely online till we get a handle on this.All parents Here were sent a survey and that was one of the possibilities. My recommendation was for that or at the very least 2 days At school and 3 days Online. Another thing I wanted was for students to stay in classroom and have the teachers come to them. Keep them out of the hallways. All this of course is assuming that the students will listen to there teachers and from what I gather and have seen at my school students have ZERO respect and basically run the school.God if I spoke up to a teacher! That crap didn't happen when I was in school. Hell, we had a shop teacher that used to throw hammers around the room when the class got out of hand. And I'm still alive. But then I used to ride in the back of pickup trucks drink water out of a hose and walk to school with 3 feet of snow on the ground 😁

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
With this virus and testing issues who really knows what order the virus infected and passed forward to. According to that study I posted the link to young children are 1/10 or less likely to pass on the infection than older children and adults.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I'm cautioning you all to take this seriously. It's very real. It's suppressing other, non c-19, people from getting healthcare.

And it's growing exponentially. Don't believe me? Go look at the total US infections. It's growing at just under 2% a day, doubling about once a month in total numbers infected and daily increases.

Yes, there is some number of people infected that did NOT get tested. That's largely irrelevant... a full ICU is a full ICU. PPE is still in short supply. Testing reagents are in a nationwide shortage. Etc.

Concerning the kids passing it on. I don't know, and it does not appear to matter either. We can argue about the 'input' side of the equation all day long. Fact is, the 'output' side, the confirmed infected, is growing exponentially and steadily.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure we're all on board with how dangerous this thing is. And my family comes first. If I don't feel going back to school is safe there butts are staying home.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're all taking it seriously but it's hard to not say numbers are skewed when tests are coming back positive on fruit/goat meat/ random objects.

Also several states have counted the number of positives for every time the same person tested. That's bad.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes and China's numbers of deaths are 1/10 Are what they really were/are. When this is all over and those numbers are corrected it's going to be a shock to the world.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not by them no. But when we saw satellite photos showing HUGE mass graves being dug I'm thinking we put a team on getting to the bottom of it. The truth will come out

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of the biggest issues why this virus continues to spread is due to our pathetically weak-willed elected leaders who clearly seem to care more about getting re-elected down the road. Instead of making the hard decisions. The unpopular ones to benefit the masses as a whole. Ones that might cause them to not get re-elected. They want all the benefits and the status associated with being Mayor or Governor. But when real leadership is needed, they've shown that they clearly don't deserve their status in Life. Add Texas' Governor to that list.

While statistics and numbers are important. Please always keep in mind that there are real human-beings attached to those numbers.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtJfP_ZqFM8

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive been injecting bleach and wearing 2 mask. nothing to do with covid 19 back when i toured with la guns i made some bad decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.