Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's an ignore option on this forum. Makes it a pleasant place.

I don't want to miss a thing.
I read, shake my head, decide mark a spot or move on, then just move on.

Can't speak for others grocery stores but where I live you skirt the outter perimeter of the store where the aisles are nice and wide. It's also where foods best for you are located. We stocked up on the stuff you have to go down the inner rows for like crackers and pastas.

Social distancing has shown to reduce the accelaration rate everywhere folks impliment it. Deaths will be rising long after new cases fall.

Sending out positive ju ju to Boris J.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Home Depot this morning. There were many more people sans masks than with them. HD was in one customer out - one customer in mode, only allowing 100 inside at a time. It was a good call on their part. Apparently most people have no understanding of how much six feet actually is.

HOGQOZ2.jpg
Here they have closed all Home Depots and other hardware stores and only allow curbside pickup. It's a good thing they were forced to close too(government forced closure) as people were shopping like nothing was going on before they did that... Idiots.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Obviously not US side, UK side yes 2. Older, Bob is 70 and had a persistent cough for 3 maybe 4 weeks. He tested positive and so did his wife.

We have daily screening in work, masks, any cough or alike it's off work and isolate . Even a sniffle!!! 1 in toilets, 1 in Vape area, one way in, other way out where possible.

Boris J moved to hospital , now in intensive care!!!

Stay safe guys and gals.
I hope your PM gets well. I remember when I was a teen you could walk up to the front door of No. 10, and there was one Metropolitan Police Officer there. Now it is all sealed off at Whitehall.

Best,

RL

markr6

Flashaholic
My daughter tested negative last week, and her fever lowered, and then increased. What does that mean? NO one knows.

Yeah I wonder how many people had this thing early on. Back in February my ex wasn't feeling well for a week. Then had pink eye...we just now connected the dots after hearing about that as a less common symptom. But test or no test, I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yeah I wonder how many people had this thing early on. Back in February my ex wasn't feeling well for a week. Then had pink eye...we just now connected the dots after hearing about that as a less common symptom. But test or no test, I guess it doesn't matter at this point.
Hopefully she was infected, beat it, and now has immunity. :thumbsup:

I guess we'll never know what percentage of our population had it, unless they come up with a very inexpensive test, and test huge segments of the population so that mathematicians can extrapolate out. That kind of data can be helpful when future pandemics break out.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it violate privacy laws for the big box and grocery store chains to post a large chalk board with number of known infected who has recently shopped in those places?

That would sure wake up these a-holes that don't abide to social distancing

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
BigBurly- I'm not thinking that would be in the spirit of things here at CPF... Might be worth editing your post.

Poppy

Flashaholic
My response isn't any sort of challenge or chest-pounding; it comes off as strange that the entire page displayed is dealing with the reality of the numbers and how we deal with this new day to day life, then inevitably someone posts that things have probably already turned around and everything's fine and nothing to see here - I don't understand where these people are coming from, I know for certain what numbers I've seen in the press, what I've had to deal with at my job in person, how others are having difficulty in this time, but somehow there's a select group who feel it's best to just not prepare, that it would be easier to forward an educated guess about what the current statistics are and proceed from there with rose-colored glasses. I don't get it. I would ask you this question in person.

Has anyone tested? Any leads on where such a thing might be an option?
You currently are writing so unclearly compared to how you used to write, that I wonder if you are self medicating.

My posts, do in fact deal with the reality of the numbers.
The number of deaths are an indicator of where we were 7 to 21 days ago. ( I admit that is only an estimation on my part, based on some general information. It takes 3-14 days to show symptoms, (3-5 days to get test results) and then hours or days on a ventilator before one dies.) The age, and health condition, prior to contracting the virus also affects the outcome, and the duration of time prior to succumbing. Those people who die today, or yesterday, were walking dead 1-3 weeks ago.

Reporting the number of deaths, hopefully brings home to the general population how serious this disease is.
Reporting the number of positive tests, brings home how wide spread, and how rapidly it is spreading.
Unfortunately, if one does not understand geometric progression, one is not impacted by the significance until the numbers in his/her region are out of control.

Regarding: "there's a select group who feel it's best to just not prepare,"
If you are including me in this group, you are obviously just rambling.

Regarding " proceed from there with rose-colored glasses."
In 1929 during the stock market crash, people were so depressed that they were jumping to their deaths.
Orson Wells' "War of The Worlds" did too.
Where there is positive information to be shared, it should be shared.

Yesterday's report of New York's Governor Cuomo was solemn, but pointed to an indication that they have reached or are near the peak of the curve.
Today, NYC's mayor De Blasio indicated that three days in a row, the numbers are improving.

Three states, Wisconsin, Washington, and California, either sent ventilators directly to NY or returned them to the Feds for dissemination as needed.

The statistics for Pierce County (3rd highest number in WA.) have been like a yoyo for sometime.

HKkbVEg.jpg

There are currently 717 reported* cases. 12 people have died. *The statistics for McChord AFB and Fort Lewis (JBLM) are no longer being made public. The powers that be do not want our enemies knowing our state of readiness. https://www.stripes.com/news/us/pen...tary-linked-infections-eclipse-1-000-1.624244

I've become somewhat aware of how often I touch my face. Lord only knows the actual number. :sssh: :eeew:

BTW, At Albertsons's this morning, they've installed sneeze guards at all the checkout stands. Kinda like at the bank only smaller. An employee said corporate is going to start allowing only 30% of the store's capacity of customers in at a time.

I was able to purchase everything on my list except for Tylenol, Adams peanut butter and some baby wipes. There was a total of three packages of toilet paper.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Regarding " proceed from there with rose-colored glasses."
In 1929 during the stock market crash, people were so depressed that they were jumping to their deaths.
Orson Wells' "War of The Worlds" did too.
Where there is positive information to be shared, it should be shared.

See, it's possible to have a dialogue without implied threat of violence. "We need to stay positive but prepared during this time" is something we can all agree to, not a big deal.

The three-day average does have a leveling bump in it, but it's better to look at the ten-day average to better grasp the overall curve.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/06/an_advantaged_disease_indeed_142867.html
Kinda puts things into perspective with a clear headed approach.
Something to chew on here.

Spoiler alert for the rest of the group: It's another "you can interpret the numbers to make the flu more deadly" scientific-opinion piece.

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a Hong Konger, my daughter was born in the period of SARS, those experience burn into my memory.
Our people treat it very seriously, like live or dead. And we do know how to interpret the CCP dictatorship news.
If you don't, you should realize what is happening in your country by their misleading.

For the future, the Swiss man give a lot of useful information. Please Please Please take away the bias, see what could learn from it.
https://theyflyblog.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SKiLLsSoLoN/featured

syga

Newly Enlightened
I think this whole covid thing is way blown out of proportion. Everytime I ran out I make it a point to ask a couple people if they know anyone who has it, or if anyone they know, know anyone who has it. And all the answers so far have been"I don't know anyone, and no one I know, knows anyone who has covid" I'm not saying it's fake, in just saying we are being lied to on a gigantic level.

Maybe ask the doctors and nurses at your hospital if they know anybody who has it.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe the numbers the media is telling us are real. I think they are far less. Government is using this time of distraction to push laws into effect that are unconstitutional. Ban the media for 30 days and all your fears will go away.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
The government made a public statement years ago about how they control the media by inserting CIA personnel into every media outlets in the USA. if you don't believe me Google Anderson Cooper, he made a statement about how he is in the CIA

scout24

Flashaholic
I believe the United States and a few other countries are big enough as to where you can live many miles away from an area with plenty of cases and not understand the fuss. (Murdo, South Dakota anyone?) I'm 120 miles WNW of Manhattan, and boy howdy are the numbers in the neighboring counties through the roof. There are people I know who are posting on FB of friends of theirs who have died from this. Our local hospital doesn't publish numbers of cases they're treating, saying "it varies from day to day." Yes it's real, yes it's spreading, and flattening the curve doesn't mean less cases, it just means prolonging the time it will take to let this run it's course. Don't be complacent, take it seriously for your friends and family's sake if not your own.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
The government made a public statement years ago about how they control the media by inserting CIA personnel into every media outlets in the USA. if you don't believe me Google Anderson Cooper, he made a statement about how he is in the CIA

He did an internship for the CIA years ago, is that what you are referencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.