Counterfeit Surefire SW01 Fatty & Slim tailcaps + Z49

OKUPANT

Newly Enlightened
Re: "WARNING" Counterfeit (FAKE) Surefire SW01 Slim tail caps

To me these SW01's all look real surefire.
The internals on them are all the same as on Z41 taicaps. I have a few Z41's that came with surefire lights, that was nip. Some of them have the same internals as your "real" SW01, and some are the same as a "fake" SW01. So to me it is just a slight design change by Surefire during production. They often make changes into design, letterings and such. I might think those "real" SW01's are just earlier production and "fake" SW01's are later production.

Cant comment on Z49's. I only have one Z48 (in HA) and it looks "real"

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

To me these SW01's all look real surefire.
The internals on them are all the same as on Z41 taicaps. I have a few Z41's that came with surefire lights, that was nip. Some of them have the same internals as your "real" SW01, and some are the same as a "fake" SW01. So to me it is just a slight design change by Surefire during production. They often make changes into design, letterings and such. I might think those "real" SW01's are just earlier production and "fake" SW01's are later production.

Cant comment on Z49's. I only have one Z48 (in HA) and it looks "real"

Hi OKUPANT
Did you read the first post?
There is one small problem with your thinking. The seller admitted they were fakes and offered me wholesale prices. He only did this because I made him believe I was interested in them to try and get as match info as I could before I run out of time as the 45 days was ticking very close. So they might very well look like the real thing to you but they are 100% fake.

I have over 150 x Z41 tailcaps in my collection black and HA. The earlier ones have the wider machining lip on the spring seat and the later tailcaps has the thinner lip like the fakes on the spring seat but not one in over 60 tailcaps I check before giving up had a spring as soft as the fakes do.

I know the seller knows me from here on CPF as he said he did but I do not know the ID of the seller as yet.
Excuse me if I sound a little suspicious.
I am expecting a counter attack from the seller hidden behind the security of the unknown ID and I am also sure I have pissed off many of the eBay sellers who are selling the fakes and properly some of them are members here just like the seller. So I am expecting some derailment attempts.
Not that I need to but I will be sending my Fatty & Z49 to Surefire they will let me know what they think. The SW01 slim will be going back to the seller as he has accused me of scamming him for a free Fake SW01 but I will be pressing it flat under a 10 tonne press than sending it back. I will post some pic's of that.

:wave:

Last edited:

OKUPANT

Newly Enlightened

Just my thoughts seeing pictures. Sorry. I am not connected anyhow with the seller of these. I am buying parts on the bay and MP here too, so will have to watch out.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just my thoughts seeing pictures. Sorry. I am not connected anyhow with the seller of these. I am buying parts on the bay and MP here too, so will have to watch out.

No problem. Yes we all need to pay more attention now I think sadly.

Stuff it here is the seller here guys http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...ingye1957&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc
Have a look before more of his sales start to time out. As you can see most of his stuff is fake just go thought his feedback. You will see M300C and M600C weapon lights sold months apart with different pictures but the same models have the same serial numbers.
I wish I had of shown more attention to his previous sales before I purchased anything from him. I would have picked that up as I knew about the fake weapon lights out there with the same serial numbers.

:wave:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rat, thank you for sharing the information, details and great photos. I'm very sorry to hear about you getting ripped off and I hope the individual(s) selling these fakes get what they deserve in the end.

The seller you referred to is familiar to several of us here already. Looks like it is the same guy we discussed back in April.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rat, thank you for sharing the information, details and great photos. I'm very sorry to hear about you getting ripped off and I hope the individual(s) selling these fakes get what they deserve in the end.

The seller you referred to is familiar to several of us here already. Looks like it is the same guy we discussed back in April.

What a dipstick I am :banghead: I feel so stupid now.
They were the weapon lights I was talking about in the post above and here you have it six months later I fell victim to the very same seller. I think I am loosing my memory.

I wonder why he was left to continue to sell fake lights & parts eBay should try and clean this type of thing up a bit. I will phone them tomorrow and ask just that.

:shakehead

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the heads up on these. :thumbsup: Sorry to hear that fellow members here are falling victim to these deceptive practices by other fellow members here.

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

. . . I think I am loosing my memory.

Don't beat yourself up. He is just one of the many sellers out there but I believe he accounts for a large number of the fakes that are getting out in circulation now. There is no doubt he has made a killing selling bogus merchandise.

luisma

Enlightened
What a dipstick I am :banghead: I feel so stupid now.
They were the weapon lights I was talking about in the post above and here you have it six months later I fell victim to the very same seller. I think I am loosing my memory.

I wonder why he was left to continue to sell fake lights & parts eBay should try and clean this type of thing up a bit. I will phone them tomorrow and ask just that.

Rat I have on manny occasions reported the seller to eBay for selling fake stuff but they seem to wash their hands with the whole thing. As long as Surefire and eBay let him get away with it he will continue to sell them. He sold a bunch of SW02's and lately it has been the SW01's skinny. It's definitely a shame for all of us who are collectors and like to buy these great looking tail caps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kif

Enlightened
For SW01 its really hard to tell which one is real which one is fake. I have couple of SW01s and now I have to check all.
For Z49 Z48 type it is easier to tell by checking the internal metal piece where the black plastic sits at.

brucejiang

Newly Enlightened
Kif, check the shinny spring and you ll find difference, i do believe you know the company.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Rat and gents, thanks again for all the invaluable information here. I have been looking for a Z48 and would not have known that I could have bought a fake.

I have to wonder if some of these sellers are actually aware or if they knowingly sell them regardless of their authenticity.

Now that I am aware, I will now know what to look for. Thanks again!

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty confident mine are real. Let me know if you spot something fishy.
8a7aqeze.jpg

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I have found another faka roo in my collection but the one common thing both have is the metric screw holding the aft section together. Its a 3mm metric screw and painfully obvious once discovered. The thin spring is another dead give away. But not the shinny spring reference. I have taken apart several Z41 to upgrade to McClickies and the springs on those were shinny. Not dull.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say that I panicked for a while reading this thread as I just recently purchased a SW01 Slim on CPFMarketplace! I have not received the tailcap yet but according to the pics uploaded by the seller, the tailcap I purchased is real. How could I tell? Well, the width of the metal rim where the spring sits on the real SW01's is significantly thicker than the fake's. This means lower electrical resistance on the real product.

Jamesmtl514, your SW01s all look real to me, they do have a thick rim on the switch!

Latest posts