CPF UK 2017 - AND IT'S ABOUT TIME.....

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
NUTS!!! I got naffed off when I got my TH36 at 6,500 lumens and they brought out a 7,200 version the next week. I just saw they are bringing out an 11,000 lumen version!!!!

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else waiting for a BLF Giggles?

Well, I love a top throwing EDC as much as the next Flashaholic, but even my pockets aren't big enough for this!

I'd love to see one at the next meet up.

Do they do a neck lanyard for it?

(BTW - that's a good price for a maxabeam! I wonder who got it?)

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else found Gearbest shipping to have rapidly gone downhill lately? I found at best it takes 3 weeks or more and one packet (With a clear and correct address) landed in the correct city, got shipped off to a different city and then was returned to China. At the same time Banggood stuff is still turning up in a week and a half. You get more quidco cashback on BG as well.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Nitecore Tini turned up today. It' very, well... tiny. Similar size to a photon except square. Not much heavier either. The metal body feels nice but the chromed plastic ring round the lens, not so much. On the other hand.... it's the size of a photon and produces 380 lumen on turbo!!!!!!! You have to keep your finger on the button to retain turbo but due to the lack of heatsinking that's not a bad thing.
Not sure it' worth the price but if they are in a sale...

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, mine just arrived earlier this week. (Gone for Red finish)

Tiny and light - finish wouldn't last long on a keychain I suspect. But I'm liking the U.I. a lot.

Low/med/high/turbo spacing seem to be usefully spaced in output. The buttons are reliable and easy to use - running it in normal mode rather than demo. I like the battery level function too.

Wearing it on a neck chain. Nice little EDC.

A touch too expensive, but I think I'll reserve them for presents.

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, long time! I think I met a few of you in 2016(?) in Brighton on the Theatre Tour (and Pier). Any 2018 meets being planned?

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My BLF Giggles arrived, massive thing, not practical use for such a long distance thrower, love it.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, we having a meet this year or what ? Come on Lee, there must be something up near Milton Keynes that would be interesting to look at. I'm good to drive up from London(ish) for the evening or stay overnight somewhere. ( In my new car !!!)

Done Wales, done Devon, done Sussex and Kent. Can't imagine there I anything interesting in Norfolk to do....

Or, we could just meet up in a pub somewhere.... Alesbury, Guilford, Hampsted.....

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Anybody else getting a instant pop up advertising page when clicking on anything on CPF?)

Yes - lots of nice things up here.

Some fantastic pubs and restaurants, Aqueducts, Viaducts, Concrete Cows, Follies in fields, Lakes, Churches, Wind Turbines, canals...did I mention the pubs?

Very happy to host up here, but since we are one hour North of London, I thought the general consensus was to keep it further South - below London. But let's have a show of hands.

Still trying to find a way of seeing some far South sites, like the Sound Mirrors or various bunkers on t'coast.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not getting the instant pop up.

I am happy to try somewhere new; north or south.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure James (batou) will be in for it if he can. Andy, I'm happy to pick you up on the way if you can get out to West London somewhere. Let' talk dates?