• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CR/CU ACTIVATED. Group Buy: CooYoo Quantum 10180 EDC, SS and CR/CU/TI

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my SS version on car keys for a while now, I liked it A LOT... I liked everything about it... I was even OK with the LED/tint choice that came with mine...

But got bored and curious today so opened it... replacing LED is somewhat tricky but nothing too hard...

It's now rocking good old Nichia 219B SW45 D220 R85 LED...

Now it's even better... :)

rjking

Enlightened
My SS and other Ti turned up this weekend. I like both versions of this light but theTi ones have an issue, there just isn't enough thread on the head. I have less than a single turn between turning off and the head passing the o-ring and getting all lose and wobbly and ready to fall off. Not too much of an issue for me as I don't plan on carrying them on a keyring but at that rate even in your pocket it will work lose as the head is fairly easy to turn. They should have made them the same as the S/steel version which has 2.5 turns before the head passes the o-ring.

My top tip is ( and I do this on nearly all my twisty lights ), lube the threads with motorcyclechain lube and leave it undone for a bit. Motorbike chain lube is thinned with an evaporating agent and after 10mins or so thickens up into a very viscous lube that makes the head of the light very smooth to turn and feels like you are turning against a resistance force. The difference feels a bit like waving your arm through the air then underwater. It is still easy to do but there is a resistance making the action smoother and takes more effort. It's this thickness that stops the lube flying off the bike chain when it whips round the sprocket at 100mph. It's also safe for o-rings as motorcycle chains all have o-rings between the links.

Anyone else having this issue?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Anyone else having this issue?

No, I'm fortunate to have a very good Ti version. On mine there are at least two turns from the low level to when the head goes above the o-ring. In addition there is quite a tight thread tolerance with very little wobble.

I'm sorry that Jay R is experiencing his problem with the Ti version. There appears to be some variation in the lights but in mine, the Ti version feels more secure than my SS/brass/Copper versions.

rjking

Enlightened
I ordered a Ti because one of my copper version is an O-ring shredder so I had to use a veleno design charger instead of the micro USB. Hope the Ti will come out better.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I ordered a Ti because one of my copper version is an O-ring shredder so I had to use a veleno design charger instead of the micro USB. Hope the Ti will come out better.

You might try using a fine abrasive like a sponge pad or scotch brite pad just to take the sharp bits away.

Jamister989

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of any active codes for the CooYoo SS or better? I wanna get them for family members for x-mas but $27 is too much!

Weary of AL for longer term durability, tell me if this fear is not well founded.

praveen dk

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of any active codes for the CooYoo SS or better? I wanna get them for family members for x-mas but $27 is too much!

Weary of AL for longer term durability, tell me if this fear is not well founded.

Niteye has a similar light with similar specs for about 16 USD as of now on gearbest.com Check it out

The "Niteye Mini-1"

ichiban

Newly Enlightened
Any deals or group buy going on for the cooyoo EDC right now? I want to pick up a TI.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 CooYoo titanium and wish I had none. They both have only 1/2 a turn from 'off' to 'past the o ring to lose, wobbly head'. Useless for keyrings or daily use. I managed to pick up the Titanium Jetbeam version for only a couple of bucks more and it is far superior.

Latest posts