• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

Stress

Newly Enlightened
Hello:

Does anybody know if this drop-in and switch will work in FiveMega's Cooly host? Seems like this could make a great combination - provided it works.

Thanks,
Thomas

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened
I have a copper quad and it does not work in my FM COOLY. The COOLY has a inner steel ring that holds the drop-in, but my quad slips through. I haven't tried the FETTie. If you are looking for a 26650 host, my quad fits perfectly in the TNC, and I understand that the tailcap was designed to accept a FETtie as well.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a copper quad and it does not work in my FM COOLY. The COOLY has a inner steel ring that holds the drop-in, but my quad slips through. I haven't tried the FETTie. If you are looking for a 26650 host, my quad fits perfectly in the TNC, and I understand that the tailcap was designed to accept a FETtie as well.

You can use a thin ucl lens (like from a solarforce host or from shao) to hold the dropin in place with the smaller ring

The fettie fits the tailcap fine with 3X 3/8" (if I remember correctly) washers in the socket before the switch is installed

The last cooly I tried had a socket that needed a little sanding to get the VIDSM dropin to seat all the way in, it was just slightly too tight....have not tried another to verify if this in an issue with all of them

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jesse,
Your PM's are full. Business is good :thumbsup: Gonna need another ultimate drop-in soon so I'm interested in the latest hi-bins in 5000K neutral.
Cheers,
Wilkey

anonymoususer

Newly Enlightened
Hello i am interested in the Quad XP-G R4 4000K 4.2 three mode l-m-h in aluminum and FETtie. It will be used in a Surefire 6P. Will i be able to use this constantly on high without burning my hands and meltdown?

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

Inbox cleared.

Forward FETtie were delayed to due a parts mix-up, but I have 25 of them nearly complete now. Need to find time to finish them up.

Even the 4.2A quad is still about 15 Watts of power. It will run quite a bit cooler than the 5.6A on high, but depending on the ambient temp, and if you're using a finned head or not, you'll get anywhere from 10minutes on high to full runtime of the cell.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my 4.2quad on high outdoors for extended periods.
No problems at all.
I did change to a Cryos bezel but used it a bunch w stock C2 bez.

As an aside-
Id be into a direct to copper single XML ;)
XML @4a with no star would be almost as bright as quad w better throw maybe.
Not sure about that w XML optics.
My 3.5a XML w smooth reflector out throws my 4.2 quad by quite a lot.
Not as much smooth spill tho.

Or a triple XPE
A bit more throw and less power consumption. But still a larger hotspot than a single in smooth reflector.

Just some thoughts.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,
He's around and taking care of a few things. But he is around.
Wilkey

warubozu

Newly Enlightened
I have a bored out SF 6P to accept 18650's, can 26650's fit or do I need to bore it out again?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a bored out SF 6P to accept 18650's, can 26650's fit or do I need to bore it out again?

No way 26650 will fit in a 6p. The battery is thicker than the body itself. There are custom vendors that make P60 hosts that will accommodate 26650 batteries. FiveMega and TnC are the ones that come to mind.

iNcHeS

Newly Enlightened
No way 26650 will fit in a 6p. The battery is thicker than the body itself. There are custom vendors that make P60 hosts that will accommodate 26650 batteries. FiveMega and TnC are the ones that come to mind.

Just to elaborate for warubozu, the first 2 digits of those battery codes indicate the diameter of the battery, I.e 18650 or the 18*** series, are 18mm in diameter, likewise, the 26650s, or 26*** series, are 26mm in diameter.

Hope that helps :)

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Hey Guys! I'm around. I've been busy with some family stuff helping my parents pack up and get rid of 28 years of stuff, as they're moving into a new place. My Dad's still a little weak from some radiation treatment but he's starting to bounce back pretty well now. I apologize for not being as available as usual, I think the worst is over now! The actual move should be nothing compared getting rid of all the crap.

I'm gearing up for a Quad and Septa sale with the new XTE white LED. more throw than the XPG, more light output than the XPE, and cheaper than both of them. I'll be passing on the savings.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XT-E sounds very interesting (and the sale sounds even better ;) )! I think I'll probably be in for one of those. :)

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jesse,
Thanks for staying on the cutting edge. The XTE neutral looks like it might be pretty close to the analogous XPG, is that how you read it? But I gotta say, I like the wall of light effect of the XPG quad. Would just like more output. :D
Wilkey