• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XPL/XGP2/219)

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Re: Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

What exception are you referring to? You are quick to make accusation don't you? Read my post again and you'll see that I am merely suggesting for a deposit system or prepayment to book the lights rather than having to camp out all day and all night waiting for a light and let life pass me by...maybe you have ample time to burn but not me. I am making a suggestion here and you accused me of looking for unfair treatment?

Since Overready is not ready to have a bunch of built in a short time, and I do understand that many (including myself) might have their spare funds used up for other purposes and when the lights are available, the timing might not be most appropriate and people do back out of their interest...that's why I suggested a prepaid order as I think it will be best.

I wasn't accusing you of anything. Maybe I need to re-word what I'm saying.

Reading your post again:

If it help I am ready to pay a deposit or fully pay up for the light to secure my slots, that way seller will not have to worry about buyers dropping out or change their mind.

To me, this reads as you personally asking for an exception. I was not suggesting that you were trying to be unfair at all. What I am trying to do is point out that if Oveready allowed you to pre-pay and reserve a slot, it would be unfair on all those people who are camping out all day and night online to get one of these (and no, I'm not one of them).

If you has said something like "I think we should be able to pre-pay for our lights." or "I suggest you set up some form of deposit system" then I would have read it as a general suggestion. From your response it seems that this is what you meant when you said what I quoted. If this is what you meant, then my point is moot.

Ghostwalker54

Newly Enlightened

The prepayment idea with the understanding that a hefty restocking fee along with a 30 day monetary return timeframe would work for me.

Edwood

Enlightened

I have too much stress and work in my life to have to work so hard to try to buy a $300+ flashlight.

No thanks.

Unsubscribed.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I understand exactly what you mean...don't get me wrong I dig these lights but I do have to put in nearly 16 hours a day taking care of my various businesses so I'm not going to sit around hunting for a ration of 1 light per day by constantly refreshing my web pages.

I hoped this is taken as constructive suggestion in that as much as the seller would like to drum up the interest of these lights, this exercise is proving to be a major turn-off for many of us who are genuinely ready to buy these lights. Will continue to love and purchase my many shiny Oveready thingy but I will also have to do without these stress!

Until there's a more user friendly way for me to obtain these lights, I reluctantly will have to withdraw myself from this race

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Thursday light is released.

This wil be the last daily release. The rest of batch 2 will be released soon.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thursday light is released.

This wil be the last daily release. The rest of batch 2 will be released soon.

I can't believe it was still there. I think I got it - it took my order and PayPal. I am excited!

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #0AU81348BM8081818)

:paypal:

Ghostwalker54

Newly Enlightened

What happened? I had it in my basket and then it was jerked when I went to pay for it. What gives?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dunno - I paid at 12:00 Eastern time...I suppose we were both going for it at the same time and I paid ahead of you. Sorry!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

What happened? I had it in my basket and then it was jerked when I went to pay for it. What gives?

Our system pulls stock when a cart begins the check out process. If 1 item is available, and 3 guys have it in their carts, the first to start check out, gets it. This is am improvement from the first to complete payment. There is no option for "pull upon adding to cart".

Future lights will be released in sets, making this less of an issue.

Ghostwalker54

Newly Enlightened

I'm out of this one! I have one day off from seeing patients for 13 to 16 hour shifts and I need a company that can deliver more than one light at a time. I cannot spend my life wathing a computer screen my only day off. Good luck gentlemen. You'll need it!

hoplite

Newly Enlightened

I paid by PayPal as well, so it seems we have a glitch in the system, unless more than one was available. :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Geez guys. It's just a flashlight. :/

If I had a nickel for every light I missed out on I'd have enough for a ribeye.

Congrats Dan, you'll love it!!! :D

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys, take it easy on them. At least they are keeping us informed and do reply to questions asked. Unlike some other dealer/modders that won't give you the time of day to respond. I'm also a self employed business person and understand there's only so much time in one day. I also live by the rule, if you're to busy or unwilling to acknowledge me then you don't need my business. The guys at Oveready have always been great to deal with and put out some great products. Just my two cents.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geez guys. It's just a flashlight. :/

If I had a nickel for every light I missed out on I'd have enough for a ribeye.

Congrats Dan, you'll love it!!! :D

+1 :thumbsup:

I am pretty excited about this one. E2E is one of my favorite lights, and our friends have turned it into a beautiful monster!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast

From the tone of the posts on here, I won't be surprised if the '1 light release a day for fair chance' idea is killed off. They're a small company handbuilding a lot of great items.

Just can't make everybody happy.

Last edited:

FPSRelic

Enlightened
I think a few people need to re-read Electron Guru's key post here and relax a little bit:

Keep in mind, the issue is not supply. Many E2's are in the channel, perhaps even enough to supply one to most of those who want one. This will be going on for some time, likely through to December. The issue is speed. These are labor intensive and Tom hand builds each one personally, to the tune of maybe two per day (final assembly), creating the equivalent of a full time job.

As with the iPhone, most of the demand (and competition) is up front, in the first few weeks. Next month should be easier and the month after that, easier still.

If anything, I would've thought it would be the e1e version that would be getting this kind of attention, since there are only 20 of those being released.

scout24

Flashaholic

Based on the explination of how much work goes into each one, and the idea of trying to get them into folks' hands as quickly as possible, I think it's working as smoothly as possible. Anyone remember the McGizmo wave announcements, or the stampedes involved in Data's 007 batch releases? A Milky sprint run? (I know more than a few of you do...) Good will, excitement, and congratulations all around for the lucky few who scored, and very little if any public angst if you weren't so lucky... I think that kind of customer reaction encourages the builders to continue what they do far more than criticism of their chosen process for offering the lights they do. I understand frustration at the feeding frenzy as much as the next flashaholic, but I'm pretty sure these are as much a labor of love as anything else. $300 sounds like a lot of money until you factor in all the hand work involved to turn these out one at a time. I'm just glad the chance is there to score one of these hot rods! Congrats to those who have, and good luck to everyone still trying! :)

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I put a LX2 clip on mine today, and the E2 clip on the LX2.

2343139D-5D41-4919-9CB1-2C06BC650FCB-7944-000009AE8447B373.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

So is it just crazy bright at 1600 lumen? :) My Wildcat is nuts at 1150 - I can't imagine how amazing this little beauty will be at 1600!!!

:twothumbs: